Author Topic: Toys?  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Toys?
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 22:21:04 PM »
She did have a shoe box but she decided to pee in it. But this was when we were having the lady bits problems... and... It gives me an excuse to go and buy some shoes!

Menue loves sitting in the window especially the bedroom one as its a sun trap! The curtains are covered in ginger fluff though! Shes gone to bed now... On my bed!
Fur lined curtains how decadent! :rofl: I've got some too,but dark blue and pale ginger is an odd colour combo!

Yup! Mine are navy tab tops with a ginger lining!!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 20:43:28 PM »
She did have a shoe box but she decided to pee in it. But this was when we were having the lady bits problems... and... It gives me an excuse to go and buy some shoes!

Menue loves sitting in the window especially the bedroom one as its a sun trap! The curtains are covered in ginger fluff though! Shes gone to bed now... On my bed!
Fur lined curtains how decadent! :rofl: I've got some too,but dark blue and pale ginger is an odd colour combo!

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 20:39:51 PM »
Maybe I should go "paper" my neighbours garden.. that's one way of getting rid of the loo roll!  :rofl:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 20:34:23 PM »
Had a read of that Tan and its great. Never thought of the predatory hunting games to play with Lexy. How many bog rolls do you think i can use tonight so I can make the pyramid?  :rofl:  Maybe I should go "paper" my neighbours garden.. that's one way of getting rid of the loo roll!  :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 20:32:12 PM »
Have a look at the toy ideas here hun under the preditory and toys headings down the page http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=4872.0

Also here for training her to use the scratching post  ;D It could be not the right one for her and so she aviods it? - http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=4826.0 

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 20:29:16 PM »

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 20:20:12 PM »
Cardboard boxes - the best toys in the world. They aren't my cats favourite toys, but they're the best thing you can give a cat for unsupervised play, and so cheap!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 20:14:49 PM »
Lexy is the same. I can't have noisy toys because she usually finds them at 4am and then makes the most noise possible, so I have lots of little balls, catnip tails etc for her to play with which is fine. I've learned to sleep through the noise she makes unless she jumps on me to make a point!

But I have to say that when I am at work I KNOW she sleeps all day so I make an effort to play with her when I get home. Usually the laser toy is a treat or wand toys like fishing rods or the ones with feather teasers on them work.  When she starts to breathe a little heavy I stop, let her rest and then play again. That seems to satisfy her as she boogers off to sleep again soon after.

If I wasn't at work all day I would have toys left around like the panic mouse etc but that don't require stimulation. I have loads of things for her to stand on near the windows so she can watch the world go round outside and growl at anything that moves (don't ask, I have no idea why).

And then in the evenings she cuddles by my side to hit my hands as I type on the laptop  :tired:

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Toys?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 20:10:33 PM »
When she wants to be, Menue can be a playful cat (normally around 4am!). I am just worried that the toys I have for her aren't stimulation enough? I have balls with bells in, catnip mice, balls with rattle things in and a catnip plant that she loves to eat and destroy!

What other toys could I buy? She has a scratching post that never gets used and just sits in the corner. I have tried to get her to use it she just walks away and scratches at the carpet!

S x

Link to CatChat