Author Topic: black bits on lips  (Read 2787 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: black bits on lips
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 09:34:20 AM »
tends to get progressivly more so as they age but pigmentation can start in fairly early years.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 09:14:34 AM »
my bridie who is ginger has black bit by her lip shes 3 so she isnt old

is it normal for a young ginge  :evillaugh:???

Menue is 4 and she has the same sort of thing on her lips! The vet has had a look and didnt say much about it! I was worried it was something bad as I had never seen it before! Then again, she is the first ginger ninja I have ever had!

i got 3 gingers
and its only bridie who has the black bit by her lip
glad shes not the only one though  ;)
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 23:12:52 PM »

Menue is 4 and she has the same sort of thing on her lips! The vet has had a look and didnt say much about it! I was worried it was something bad as I had never seen it before! Then again, she is the first ginger ninja I have ever had!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 08:41:28 AM »
Gorgeous babes - I love Chows too!! It might be worth doing twice yearly checkups at his age, and maybe yearly blood tests if you dont already do them.
Lisa - not sure, I have only met older ginger cats
Please spay your cat

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 21:28:28 PM »

MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 17:39:58 PM »
He's lovely, and doesnt look 17 !!!

I'm sure aug will be fine for a check up as i'm fairly certain thats what it is but if you are in any further doubt ask your vet.

Love cuddles, Not a huge amount of peeps have chows, Ive only met a few...their tongues are a nightmare when you have them anaethetised ROFL (tongues are used alot to check colour etc when under ga)
Whats your dogs temprement like, the ones ive met have been nice but i have read the temprement in general can be abit "iffy"

Thank you for your kind imput  :)

We have always had chows and they have been fine,ok I admit they aren't the most playful breed but mine and my parents chows have always been fine with children,pets and adults.  We lost a Samoyed 2 months ago and we therefore had a puppy chow 2 weeks later,he's Cymro you seein the pictures and he is gonna end up being one of the biggest chows we have had as he is nearly Cuddles's size now and shes 9 :wow:  but I believe if you socialize a dog well (any dog) and get them used to as much of everything they might experience in early life then you shouldn't have problems,of course not every dog is the same and each situation is different and with puppy farms etc who don't care about the furture of the breeds and who are in it for money you have to be extra careful I think.

Having said all that our cats rule the roost in this house as one swipe and the dogs know where they stand :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Ging says thank you for saying he looks young,he's always being told by his momma that he's a 2 toothed old boy now :rofl: :rofl:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 15:24:40 PM »
He's lovely, and doesnt look 17 !!!

I'm sure aug will be fine for a check up as i'm fairly certain thats what it is but if you are in any further doubt ask your vet.

Love cuddles, Not a huge amount of peeps have chows, Ive only met a few...their tongues are a nightmare when you have them anaethetised ROFL (tongues are used alot to check colour etc when under ga)
Whats your dogs temprement like, the ones ive met have been nice but i have read the temprement in general can be abit "iffy"

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 11:02:03 AM »
Thank you guys for your replies  :)

Yup Ging is a ginger and white cat.  I didn't know about the pigmentation thing before but I do now lol  He seems healthy enough considering he only now has 2 teeth but he's doing well considering he is 17 and eats dried and wet food  :)

He is due for his vaccination in August and he gets an annual check up then.

Thank you guys again.

Here is a pic of Ging with my dog Cuddles

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v518/welshigirl/?action=view&current=CuddlesaGing2.jpg

here he is with my nan:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v518/welshigirl/?action=view&current=nainaging.jpg
Love me,love my animals.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 10:19:20 AM »
before i read the post fully i was going to ask if he was ginger LOL. As desley said most ginger cats get pigmentation to some degree which increases with age.  Other colours too but reds most commonly.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:05:17 AM »
You could ring your vet if you want, but it is normal for ginger cats to get black pigmentation marks with age. When is his next annual check up?
Please spay your cat

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
black bits on lips
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 22:42:59 PM »
I have noticed lately that at the bottom of Ging's lips they appear to be getting black,anybody else notice this with their cats and what could it be?  Ging is 17 years old and is healthy so far but I cant help but wonder if this is a sign that something is going on with him?:(
Love me,love my animals.

Link to CatChat