Author Topic: Lump  (Read 1927 times)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: Lump
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 14:11:57 PM »
The vet told us that because we already have two cats that go out we should vaccinate them against Felv because they could bring it in even if they don't get it. :scared:
Caroline xx

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 10:58:09 AM »
Thanks guy's
Caroline xx

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 20:45:34 PM »
Hi, lumps on the vaccine site are quite common. Just watch to see if it gets any bigger. They can take a few days to quite a bit longer to go down. Hope it does. It's the aluminium they put in the adjuvant of the vaccine which causes the reaction.  If it isn't going, your vet may want to do a biopsy and scan,  but that's a way off - I'm sure he'll wait to see if it goes down first cos most do.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 17:15:10 PM »
Oh so he did have the felv jab. I researched it and wont have mine done for that so not wanting to bias your decision making i think you should google it  ;) ;D

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 09:49:34 AM »
Hi
I have Sabre record card and he has had what Simba is going to have and it says that NOBIVAC CVRP-FELV was given for his first and 2nd jab. Also  Feline viral Rhinotracheitis, Feline calicivirus disease,Feline panleucopenia,and Feline leukaemia viras are all ticked of on the list.
Caroline xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 09:40:45 AM »
I've had a few react to jabs but mainly antibiotic ones, the lumps tend to go down after a few days and don't seem to cause them any problems.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 16:56:27 PM »
3 in 1 would be the 2 parts of flu + enteritis so not the felv  :-: I thought it was less common to react to the 3 in 1 but your vet says different. Would be interesting to know what brand it is.

They will love the run!

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 16:27:29 PM »
He did have the 3in 1 which the vet recomended,our three kittens will not be going out,but we are building a cat run for them,our other two cats do go out,will get intouch with the vet and ask what the brand was :(
Caroline xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 13:55:32 PM »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 13:52:28 PM »
Was it where he had his felv jab? Its odd he admitted it happens often. I would question why they dont change to a brand that doesnt cause as many reactions, eg Pure Vax.

I read Bengals are more prone to these reactions and are better felv jabbed once they are a year old.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Lump
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 13:23:06 PM »
Took Sky and Sabre for their 2nd part of their vaccine this morning,we had to take Simba to as I felt a lump on his side where he had the vaccine on wednesday,the vet said it is common for that to happen,but will have to keep an eye on it,What do you guy's think it could be? :'(
Caroline xx

Link to CatChat