Author Topic: Update on Jimmy  (Read 6174 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Update on Jimmy
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 18:53:53 PM »
He's getting about that Jimmy!

Have you seen he's on the 'Senior Kittizens' link at Cat Chat? http://www.catchat.org/seniors.html

Would it go to his head if I asked for his paw print?  :evillaugh:

But it's lovely to see him so well settled.  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 18:15:06 PM »
Awww the pics have come out fab  :Luv:  :Luv: ..........I think he has put a little weight on though  :evillaugh:

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007, 19:12:51 PM »

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2007, 22:19:11 PM »
Jimmy was one that had really touched me and if it wasnt for the Diva and if I'd been quicker off the mark.............
Anyway he is a stunner and as happy as Larry, was really good to meet the chunky lad and as DD says brought a lump to the throat to see him so happy and loved.
I took a couple of piccies, will post them once I have them downloaded.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2007, 10:35:36 AM »
All bless him .... definately a cat that has well and truly landed on his paws!  He certainly looks happy in the pics and has turned into a little dumpling  :evillaugh:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 10:29:13 AM »
It's wonderful to know he has found such a superb forever home - well done to you Dawn. :blow kiss:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 08:04:51 AM »
What a wonderful update.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 23:56:11 PM »
Elaine has had her wish, and met the famous Jimmy.........he looks absolutely fab  :Luv:  :Luv:  His mummy and daddy are on their hols this week but he has his other younger "slave" looking after him whom he absolutely adores and the feelings are mutual  :Luv:  It was so heartwarming to see, the son is 17 and he was kissing Jimmy whilst we were there and telling us how fab he was and he just oozes love for him.......it made both Lainey and I feel quite weepy as we were so happy for him  :-[  :shify:  He is sooooo loved and most boys have pictures of their girlfriends on their phone, he had one of Jimmy  :Luv:  :Luv:  Just so sweet  :)  Jimmy is definitely the boss of the house, he tells the dogs off and they don't mess with him  :evillaugh:  As far as Jimmy is concerned, it's his home and if they want to share it with him, they have to abide by his rules  :rofl:  If they scratch on the door, Jimmy charges over and tells them off........he is so comical and so at home bless him  :rofl:  He was very playful tonight and just so loves being in charge, it was wonderful to see him so happy and loved  :Luv:  :Luv:  Jimmy is what makes everything worthwhile, I'm just so pleased for him  :Luv:

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 09:06:36 AM »
Aww, Jimmy is lovely and i am looking forward to meeting him too.  I bet he and Bernie would get on like a house on fire, if it wasnt for that witch of mine (the Diva) and if I had a bigger place...........................
I hope he finds a lovely forever home soon xxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 01:05:33 AM »
Here's some more pics of this gorgeous boy  :Luv:  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 07:48:27 AM »
Aww, glad he is still doing well, and fingers crossed you can find the perfect home for him now.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 23:24:05 PM »
A quick update on this gorgeous boy, I've still had no problems with him since his last visit to the vets so he is deffo going on the rehoming page now  :shify:  I keep putting it off but with the right home, I'm sure he'll flourish........he did miss little Minnie when I had to have her pts but he seems to have settled down again now.  He looks really good now, and has put on a lot of weight but the main thing is, he is healthy  :Luv:  I will have to take some more piccies of him and you'll see the differance........he is such a babe, and I love him to bits  :Luv:  Below are a couple of pics that I took just before Minnie had to be pts, Jimmy as always was her constant companion and didn't care when he used to use her as his pillow  :sneaky:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 22:22:39 PM »
He is gorgeous though!! Fingers crossed for him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 22:13:20 PM »
None at all Des, I've mentioned him to a few people but they tend to want younger.  I'm going to put him on the Rehoming page to see if I can get someone to fall in love with him  :Luv:  :Luv:  I'm happy with the way his skin is and if he gets more problems due to his glands, I may find out about having them removed.......he would stand a better chance of getting a home then as well, as his skin problems may put people off.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 22:10:15 PM »
Aww, bless him - have you had any interest in him Dawn?
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 16:39:40 PM »
Just a quick update on Jimmy.  He's doing really well since he had his anal glands done again.....I've had no more vet visits since  :)  Here's a new piccie of Jimmy on the right, getting a little too close to Ozzie  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 21:13:50 PM »
That is excellent, fingers crossed he can find a good home.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 19:57:12 PM »
Just had Jimmy back in the vets and he's had to have his anal glands cleaned out again  :sick:  Sean thinks this is what's causing his constant licking and has suggested he has them done fortnightly.  He pleased with his overall condition and said he looks fab so I'm going to put him up for rehoming and see if we can get him the loving home he deserves.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 15:23:58 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 14:09:11 PM »
Just to update on the gorgeous Jimmy.  He's still here and still having skin problems  :(  He seems to clear up for a while and then he starts nibbling until he bleeds again........he's going back in on Monday for another check up and probably another course of steroids and Ovarid.  Sean thinks he has an immune system problem so it looks like this is going to be an ongoing problem which will affect rehoming him  :(  Also, his little ginger buddy Minnie has been in the vets, she has a heart murmer and a possible Liver shunt.  She seems fine in herself and the vet doesn't think it will cause too many problems at this moment in time but probably later on as she gets older.  She still spends all her time cuddled up to Jimmy and she's a little babe.......so tiny and delicate bless her  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 14:43:22 PM »
Jimmy's absolutely fine.........he's none the worse for wear after his vet visit, I think he's happy as long as he's got food and he's got someone to snuggle up to  :Luv:

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 14:02:50 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwww snugglepies!  :Luv:

I take it Jimmy is feeling a bit better then?

Thanks for the pics, they've cheered me right up!  :)
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 13:59:41 PM »
Some pics of Jimmy with his special babes  :catluv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 11:35:24 AM »
mine are crossed too.......and misa says he wouldnt mind someone giving him a wash for a change and may pop over  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 07:51:21 AM »
Aww, fingers crossed.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 00:30:39 AM »
Jimmy's escaped having the drain in but did spend a day in the vets  :yawn: I had a phone call this afternoon off Sean to say it was decided that it was too risky to put a drain in or to drain any fluid off.  Any needles that he has in the operation site will leave him open to infection and they need to avoid this if at all possible.  They are going to leave him a few days and fingers crossed, the fluid will drain itself but if it doesn't or I'm worried, then it will have to be done.  Sean gave him a good check over, took the stitches out and said he put pressure where the fluid has accumulated and Jimmy felt no pain or discomfort whatsoever.  He did however get a few scratches off him, not that he attacked him but he said Jimmy was trying to give him a cuddle with his front paws  whilst he was taking the stitches out  :Luv:  As soon as he came home, he had something to eat and he's now snuggled up in his bed with the tiny ginger, he's given her a good wash and she's returned the compliment   :ahh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 01:29:35 AM »
Good luck on Monday, I hope it goes well for Jimmy.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 16:57:30 PM »
Yes it can do, this is why they want to take the stitches out on Monday........hopefully that will reduce the irritation.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 16:49:10 PM »
Doesn't knitting together make one  itch?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 16:40:37 PM »
I'm not sure Ela, I think where the furs growing back, that must be making him itch but if you remember, he had a severe skin problem when I first got him in.  I'm just hoping it's not a continuation of that but to be honest , I think it's more than likely because of the surgery.  His skin is in a lot better condition than it was but Sean said it was quite yeasty........not really sure what he means by that  :stupid:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2006, 16:24:20 PM »
Wonder if he is itching a bit and trying to relieve the itch.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 14:32:31 PM »
Des, I'm not 100% sure he is licking the stitches, I just presume he is as he'd been licking the shaved area to the extent it made him bleed  :(  The stitches are dissolvable but they will be taking them out on Monday because there's obviously some irritation there.  The vet that checked him couldn't really get a proper look as Jimmy was being quite uncooperative  :-[  The problem with a buster collar is that he spends most of his time on my kitchen worktops, so a collar wouldn't really be safe, the only option is he'll have to be caged which I know he would hate.  I've not had any results back as yet but I'm hoping with the surgery Sean has took enough away to put him in the clear, the surgery was aggressive and he left a clean line so fingers crossed.  They drew fluid off when I took him in last and that's all it is, so I suppose that's a less of a worry as there is no infection.  I'll take him in this evening and get them to give him the once over and see what they think.......I just hope he's a bit better behaved, he was a little sod last time but Sean's off til Monday so I'm hoping it will be a vet that he'll like.

Roz, here's the link to his story http://www.catchat.org/discus/messages/17/49588.html?1163167303
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 14:50:39 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 12:01:19 PM »
any news on results back yet dawn ??

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 10:23:50 AM »
Bless him. It is such a worry when our little ones are not in purrfect health , isn't it? I wish it on myself rather than them.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 10:14:47 AM »
Oh poor little Jimmy.  I pray that they sort it out for him on Monday, Dawn.  Did the results come back clear?  Is he going to be all right if he overcomes this latest setback?

I didn't see the beginning of Jimmy's story....

I know there is always a lot of fluid following such an op but usually it just drains out of them......frighteningly so sometimes....but this is Nature's way.

Lots of love to the little poppet...hope he heals up very, very soon...bless him. :Luv:

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline B.

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 09:37:46 AM »
Oh Dawn I hope the little darling feels better soon. Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon. Give him a hug from me and a kiss  :care:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 07:57:51 AM »
Would a buster collar not stop him licking it Dawn?? I do hope that everything is fine for him, poor thing.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Update on Jimmy
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 23:23:31 PM »
As most of you will know, Jimmy's op went really well but he's having a slight problem at the moment with some fluid retention  :(  He went back in last Friday for a checkup, had an injection and I took him back mid week.  There is no infection but the area around the stitches is swollen, I think this is due to him constantly washing himself.  I've had him provisionally booked in for Monday for a drain to be fitted but I think they're going to have to drain some off before then  :(  There is quite a build up now and when he's lay down, it feels quite hard to the touch........when he's stood up, it's not as bad but still needs looking at.  He's well in himself and eating........it really doesn't seem to be bothering him but obviously it will need sorting.  Because of the extent of the surgery, I think they expected some fluid there but it's just a shame that he'll have to go in again.

Link to CatChat