Author Topic: Pet Blankets - Dalston (London) pound shop  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Pet Blankets - Dalston (London) pound shop
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 07:46:32 AM »
Can't get there now. I used to use that shop all the time when I lived in London  (Mildmay Park), OH lived off Dalston Lane so Kingsland High St was in the centre  ;D

Now I look out for towels in charity shops and bin them when they need washing rather than getting hairs in the washing machine and on other stuff. Missy at the cattery had her kittens last week on one of my 50p towels  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Pet Blankets - Dalston (London) pound shop
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 23:19:39 PM »
For anyone in the Mildmay / Hackney / Dalston area of London, one of the pound shops up Kingsland Road (the one on the corner nearly opposite the Kingsland Shopping Centre) has a job lot of fleece pet blankets at a pound a pop. They are 2 1/2 feet by 2 feet and come in an assortment of colours and patterns. They're ok in terms of quality, perfect for popping in a carrier or in a cosy nook.

I've bought one each for my terrible twosome (blue & white stripes) and a friend wanted 15 for her furry gang. You can just about imagine the looks I got at the checkout.  :doh:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 23:21:16 PM by Reynard »

Link to CatChat