Author Topic: Natures Menu - £12.89 for 48 pouches at PAH  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: Natures Menu - £12.89 for 48 pouches at PAH
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 17:18:24 PM »
Just to let folks know I checked the expiry date on this one when I was in PAH on Friday evening and it's on until 12th September.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 12:48:26 PM »
As Susanne said once they are neutered they don't need anywhere near as many calories and have a tendency to put on excess weight (which can then be hard to get off of them). Personally the only cats I'd keep on kitten food longer than around 6 months are entire kittens or kittens of the very large breeds who take years to reach full size (I keep them on kitten mixed with adult until 12-18 months). Boopy ate only adult food from about 10-12 weeks old and it's certainly not done her growth any harm lol (almost the same size as Bilbo and he's twice her age :Crazy:)

P.S: Don't tell the boys I said this (I don't want them to blame me for having their marbles chopped off lol!) but Royal Canin and Hills are doing neutered/sterilised dry foods now which are designed for a neutered cats metabolism and also keeps their urinary system in good shape so might be worth a look when the boys are 'done' to have along with their NM wet.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 11:21:03 AM »
I don't know what sheba or gourmet fillets are like, but would agree that NM is sort of supermeat texture.  It's like a coarse pate but it does have pieces of meat in it.

Helen - you might find that once you've had the boys neutered it won't be long before they're ready for adult food.  I think kitten food is good while they're growing fast but I've never kept a cat on kitten food until 12 months.  After all, there's not a special kitten mouse in the wild is there!  Jaffa and Magpie went onto adult wet food at about 9-10 months, but I kept them on kitten dry for a bit longer.  with Mosi I felt that he was ready for adult by 7 months - he was looking a bit chubby.  Might have just been the way he was growing (he's always tended to grow up so that he was tall and lanky, and then outwards) but I decided to put him onto adult at about 8 months.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 11:06:31 AM »
Thanks Helen.....yet another one to wipe off me list :( Maisey would not even sniff at it  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 09:39:16 AM »
It's like a supermeat, sort of pate-ish - when you squeeze it out it comes out in one piece. 

You could always just give them the adult NM wet, won't do them any harm at all especially if they are having kitten dry as well.

I know it probably wouldn't hurt them but even though they're massive they still have lots of growing to do and I want to give them the best possible start.  I saw my friends adult female cat the other day and it made me realise they are not as big as I thought!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 22:15:46 PM »
Could i just ask what NM's consistancy is like ie is it anything like Sheba or Gourmet fillet pouches?  ;)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 15:23:45 PM »
You could always just give them the adult NM wet, won't do them any harm at all especially if they are having kitten dry as well.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 21:18:40 PM »
Bargainous  :wow:  Shame the offer isn't on the kitten NM, I suppose I could always get some and stockpile it - only 7 months until they will be ready for big boys food  :evillaugh:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 19:20:45 PM »
Ooh fab, I'm on my last box so will pop by this week to pick up some more  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 17:18:03 PM »
Ooooo, shame i dont need any - i bought 200 pouches last time the offer was on  ;D I think it was £13.17 at that time.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Natures Menu - £12.89 for 48 pouches at PAH
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 16:56:54 PM »
Thought I'd start a new thread to spread the good news  ;D  Natures Menu is back on offer at PAH - the 48 pouch multipacks are £12.89.  I didn't notice an expiry date on the offer so I don't know how long it will be on for.

Link to CatChat