Author Topic: 800 gram cans of catfood in tesco  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: 800 gram cans of catfood in tesco
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 08:03:02 AM »
Thanks for that Mark, will have a look next time I go - I rarely need cat food when I go, yet there is a compulsion to check the aisle in case of bargains!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 23:03:33 PM »
Hmm, I didn't notice those when I was in Tesco last Wed, will have a look next time I go, as the local feral rescue would appreciate them - they put down 8 normal tins at each meal I think!!

It says "NEW" on the cans Desley  ;D
It's good as its the ""premium" rather than "value"  :evillaugh:

Theyalso have single foil trays of kitten & senior @ 23p - these are new too - clapton likes the senior (well he did up til Monday when I bought a dozen and he has magically gone off it  :tired: )

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 22:21:02 PM »
Ela my tesco has a collection bin for animal trust rescue

It is up to the individual manager of each shop to decide if they will have bins or not. Our Tesco will have none for any Charity.

All charities can apply to have a collection at any Tesco store but you have to apply to their Head Office at a certain time of the year.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 14:53:47 PM »
Ela my tesco has a collection bin for animal trust rescue. Its been there for a while.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
Our local sainsburys in Chestfield was down as Chesterfield on their website until recently

Oh dear! that is bad.

Nearly as bad as the DSA, when I try to book Motorcycle tests, and ask for Chesterfield, I am offererd Chester, Colchester. Chichester, The DSA are usuless.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 11:17:07 AM by Ela »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 07:48:26 AM »
Hmm, I didn't notice those when I was in Tesco last Wed, will have a look next time I go, as the local feral rescue would appreciate them - they put down 8 normal tins at each meal I think!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 00:34:24 AM »
You are right Mark and I wish Sainsbrys would move further west cos Tesco have got a huge monoly going cos most have to travel so far to supermarkets. They have expnded like crazy since i have been here which is only 2 yrs.

I miss Sainsbury so much. >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 23:23:08 PM »
I went to sainsbury's for the 1st time in ages last week and the quality is so much bette tha Tesco although limited.

Our local sainsburys in Chestfield was down as Chesterfield on their website until recently  :Crazy:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 15:07:27 PM »
Good for mult-cat households or rescues

Certainly is , trouble is I don't go to Tesco unless I have too, it is a nightmare getting parked in their car park, I always go to Sainsburys, perhaps they will get some large tins soon. Also Tesco will not have a cat food  collecting box.  Sainsburys do and I get many dozens of tins, sachets a week from that.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
800 gram cans of catfood in tesco
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 19:22:26 PM »
Good for mult-cat households or rescues. It's new. I only saw chicken flavour but it's their "premium in Jelly"  it's twice the size of a regular can for 66p - that's the normal price.

Link to CatChat