Author Topic: Greenbee/John Lewis insurance  (Read 3353 times)

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
Re: Greenbee/John Lewis insurance
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 14:02:48 PM »
Ive just had my paperwork through from petplan. The cost would be £12.80 per month with 1 month free.  So that's cheaper than the AXA quote however the excesses are higher - between £50 and £85 for different categories.

I'll need to check later how the cover levels matche up with that of AXA.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 14:03:46 PM by LadyJane »

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 18:28:31 PM »
Get outta there quick TB!  :scared:  Must be real dangerous  :scared: :scared: or Buckingham Palace  ;)
Ha ha, it's just quite central that's all. In London! But he is not going outside in the dangerous world; just in the catproofed area. So it's really unfair!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 21:34:15 PM »
I pay annually instead of monthly and Memphs (who is 2 in 2 months) policy went down by a few pounds. I think it's something like £7 per month.  I think it's crazy how much it varies throughout the country.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 20:51:22 PM »
Get outta there quick TB!  :scared:  Must be real dangerous  :scared: :scared: or Buckingham Palace  ;)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 09:16:29 AM »
I did a quote for the postcode where I am staying right now and that would cost me £23 per month with Axa!!! For ONE cat. Only 18 month old .Needless to say, I will register my insurance at my postal address. Because at the end of the day, that is where I live (normally)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:17:25 AM by tigerbaby »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 22:15:02 PM »
Just a quickie to say I pay more for the 6 month old kittens than I do for their 15 month old mom and the oldies  ;) (3 aged between 2 1/2 and 7) are cheaper still.  I assume statistics show more claims for the very young uns?

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 21:48:07 PM »
I just did a dummy quote for a 9 month old male with Axa and (with the £50 excess) and it came out to £10.53 a month, a two year old male is £7.67 so thankfully (for me) it doesn't look like their premiums have shot up just that the quotes are varying quite markedly according to postcode.

Remarkable isn't it?  It's not as though I live near any majorly busy roads or anything but should anything bad happen I'm sure I'll appreciate having good cover.

I'll see what petplan say when their paperwork comes through and go from there I think.

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 21:37:23 PM »
I'm expecting some info through the post from petplan with a quote for continuing with the cover once the free period ends.  I've quoted with AXA and that will be £15.53 a month for 'little' Samson with a £50 excess or £14.52 a month for a £75 excess.

:omg: that's extortion  :shocked: He's only 9 months isn't he?! I pay £7 ish each for the boys (2 year old moggies) and only just renewed in April, the renewal from last year actually went down a few pennies so I'm shocked at how dear the quotes are coming out now.

I just did a dummy quote for a 9 month old male with Axa and (with the £50 excess) and it came out to £10.53 a month, a two year old male is £7.67 so thankfully (for me) it doesn't look like their premiums have shot up just that the quotes are varying quite markedly according to postcode.

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 20:48:21 PM »
Oooh wow you beat my 12 yr old  :shocked: i should stop moaning over my quote lol
Did you know if you continue your cover note then the rescue that issued it will benefit every year? 10% commission  :wow:
Samson's only 9 months old lol!!

No, I didn't know that.  Will see what their quote's like when it comes through then :wow:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 20:05:18 PM »
I'm expecting some info through the post from petplan with a quote for continuing with the cover once the free period ends.  I've quoted with AXA and that will be £15.53 a month for 'little' Samson with a £50 excess or £14.52 a month for a £75 excess.

Oooh wow you beat my 12 yr old  :shocked: i should stop moaning over my quote lol
Did you know if you continue your cover note then the rescue that issued it will benefit every year? 10% commission  :wow:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 19:59:34 PM »
Crikey, Molly doesnt cost that much at 16.5 - wonder what Zi's renewal will come out like -I think both had a discount last year, so wasn't surprised at Molly's going up a few pounds, but haven't claimed on either of them
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 19:56:38 PM »

:omg: that's extortion  :shocked: He's only 9 months isn't he?! I pay £7 ish each for the boys (2 year old moggies) and only just renewed in April, the renewal from last year actually went down a few pennies so I'm shocked at how dear the quotes are coming out now.

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 19:51:32 PM »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 19:47:07 PM »
Axa seems to be the best one all round. AND, it's a huge plus knowing so many people on here are with them, and recommends them. Don't think I need to do much more searching. Still pain in the  :censored: it will cost me £12 per month for 1 cat. But it's better to be safe than sorry!!

And your boy is young  :Crazy:

oooh how useful.  I was about to ask about insurance so I'm glad I saw this.  We get 4 weeks free with petplan so wanted to start researching others to provide some food for thought but why bother when others have already done it? hehe x
I use petplan for my 5, they paid up millys claim so quick i could have held off paying my credit card bill as the cheque would have cleared in time  :wow: she cost best part of £1300 so wasnt a quick small claim.
I have a problem with gooey tho as hes starting insurance at an older age so they offer less cover, im now looking at other companies as axa are wanting £14.60 a month  :tired:

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 18:19:37 PM »
oooh how useful.  I was about to ask about insurance so I'm glad I saw this.  We get 4 weeks free with petplan so wanted to start researching others to provide some food for thought but why bother when others have already done it? hehe x

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 18:14:55 PM »
Axa seems to be the best one all round. AND, it's a huge plus knowing so many people on here are with them, and recommends them. Don't think I need to do much more searching. Still pain in the  :censored: it will cost me £12 per month for 1 cat. But it's better to be safe than sorry!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 23:03:38 PM »
I still think axa give the best deal.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 19:24:09 PM »
I pay £11 a month for Alice and I put her down as 10 years old.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline kellyn1201

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 18:19:57 PM »
Sounds about right. A lot of us on here have decided the Axa is best all round.

I was quite surprised how reasonable their policies are aswell  ;D

I've just checked the Greenbee website and they are underwritten by Axa, so good at the moment but who knows whether they'll do the same as M&S and  :censored: all the existing customers in a year?!  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 18:13:21 PM »
Sounds about right. A lot of us on here have decided the Axa is best all round.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline kellyn1201

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 18:06:29 PM »
There's a brilliant thread here about pet insurance (advance apologies to Mods if I'm not supposed to link to other sites  :shy: )

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=108056

It's very long  :Crazy: I'd recommend reading the last ten or so pages. The general consensus seems to be go with Axa to be on the safe side - they underwrite their own insurance, so the terms are unlikely to change. Unlike M&S, who doubled premiums and went from £0 excess to £75 when they changed underwriters, anyone who had claimed was then stuck because no other insurer would take on the existing conditions.

It's such a minefield!

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Greenbee/John Lewis insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 17:24:39 PM »
Anyone familiar with this insurance company?

I can't work out if the policy is lifelong (ie amount renewed each year) or if it caps the amount once you've reached it.

Link to CatChat