Author Topic: Need lots of Fingers and Paws Xed  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Need lots of Fingers and Paws Xed
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 22:10:58 PM »
Good luck
Please spay your cat

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 19:07:33 PM »
His name is Eli ('from God') and I think I will keep it despite having a name theme among my cats and E is not in that scheme.  It suits him though.  It also seems that he might get free eye ops which is good.  I did say though that I will be willing to take him to the ops and do the after care so that he can be home sooner.  Those proceedures might take months otherwise and he should not be stuck in a shelter all that time, I feel.  They seemed to like the idea and let me know next week end when I am working there again because his tummy scar from neutering him still looks bad. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 19:28:51 PM by pandora »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 23:52:22 PM »
So pleased he is going to have a great home wit you  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 13:02:20 PM »
Just caught up with this and am so pleased you will be able to give him a loving home.  Does he have a name or have you chosen one?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 12:23:18 PM »
He sounds lovely  :Luv:

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 20:50:48 PM »
He has cryptorchidism, which is coupled with upper eyelid agenesis.  He looks normal when his eyes are closed but like a Chinese when he tries to open them because the eyes are extremely slanted.  He is very pretty though like a panther- all black with big paws, suggesting he will grow to be a giant cat but a total softy.  The rescue also was all 'oh' and 'ah' over him so am glad I can help extra special 'ahhh' as he now has a home. Just hope there can be some help with his eyelids to prevent him from getting blind.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 18:21:27 PM »
Does he have entropian? So glad you get to have him  ;D

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 10:44:30 AM »
oh well done!  congratulations... Hope that everything works out ok for you and the little man!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
Yipeeeeeee, the answer is yes.  however, there will be a bit of a delay because as his testicles were removed from his stomach, something went wrong with the scar and he was re operated today.  But as I work at the rescue, I can see him and give him cuddles.  He also will be under a foster scheme which will make things even better because I wont have to worry about vaccinations or any vet bills.  Sounds like a good deal to me.  I can wait for him to be well enough to come home.  Also, they will investigate options for his eyes.  And yes, he already has cream for it. 

Asked my own vet and he said they can operate it possibly by either taking hair line around the eye back to stop irritation or to reconstruct the upper eye lid.  I think he has part of the lower ones.  He is just the sweetest character and deserves a good chance at only 6 months.  He has that chance now.  Might be two weeks before i can take him but no rush.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 20:01:33 PM by pandora »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 22:35:59 PM »
I hope it all works out  :hug:

Will he need artificial tears?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 20:31:12 PM »
Thanks.  I can't wait to find out.  Am so nervous have written down how I will ask- imagine.  Silly really.

Lennie is getting a warm, cosy. loving last few months of life- all the treats and naughty tit bits he wants.  Have stocks of ham for him to wrap tablets in.  He loves ham.  He sleeps in my bed ( the others are not allowed- they have beds and blankets, mainly because I can't trust Martha not to spray occasionally).

And I think the best way to honour what I have done for him and the others is to help where it is most needed.  And Lennie is my 'introduction cat'.  He takes new comers under his wing and is just so nice to them.  So it's best to get the little one now as he is still around and alert.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 20:28:24 PM »
lots of luck  ;D

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 20:25:24 PM »
Thats a lovely thing to do and im sure it will work out for you :) would love to see some pics when you get him,and lots of  :hug: :hug: to you and your old boy :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline pandora

• Adult Cat
Need lots of Fingers and Paws Xed
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 19:56:04 PM »
I knew this would eventually happen, especially seeing so many sad cases every week now, working as a volunteer.  I asked the other day if i could maybe adopt a kitten (as I said on my other threat) and foster the sister for a while of the one I liked but as i have a young son- despite them knowing I am genuine- they could not break the rules.  I totally understand.  I sort of knew this was going to come up. But all things happen for a reason...

So I was doing my Saturday hours and chatted to the others there about wanting to adopt a male young cat when one of them instantly said: the  little black one.  I had not even noticed him at first because there are so many but as soon as I went I could not believe how sweet he is.  he instantly cuddled up on my son's lap and is the sweetest thing. But... he has no eye lids...  So not only is he all black, he also has this defect which will almost make him impossible to adopt out.  So they said I would be ideal for him.  This then was confirmed by someone else on Sunday who said they would be so glad if I took him, knowing he would be loved and taken care of. Soooooooooo it's all down to the boss man now agreeing with it. 

Am really feeling nervous about it- no idea why- maybe because I would be disappointed if I could not taske him.  he will be seen by a vet tomorrow to see what else they can do for his eyes, being only half a year old.  I am ready to take him on with treatment needed and all.  Have gotten in a good routine with my other ill boy (who will see the vet tomorrow) but despite all efforts he will unfortunately leave us soon.  But as long as he seems comfortable and as keen on his food as hew is at the moment, I will persist.  Can't quite see him making Christmas though. 

So pleaseeeeeeee keep fingers crossed that it will work out.  I certainly have all sorts of people all saying yeah because he will not be taken, looking so weird with his eyes.  I want to go for total personality.  And wanted a black cat and young and male- he has it all.... Kepp fingers and paws and toes and all crossed for us.

Link to CatChat