Author Topic: litter tray liners  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: litter tray liners
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 13:27:16 PM »
I use a light weight litter that is as close to sand i can get lol! I am thinking of actually using sand but it more expensive than litter 

Tan, zooplus sell 2 types of clay litter that are just like sand. They are called classic extreme and golden grey  ;D

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 22:42:35 PM »
Kitty is a very naughty girl she goes in to the neighbours garden as they have no grass in one corner and she uses it as her toilet ssshh dont tell my neighbour  :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 22:40:09 PM »
They say (well Desmond Morris does)  that naturally cats go in sand in the wild and i have noticed that when we had a layer of sand all over the garden before we layed the grass & soil that they loved it and was pooping everywhere  :innocent: . I have read that they don't like the tray liners cause they have an "unnatural" feel.  I use a light weight litter that is as close to sand i can get lol! I am thinking of actually using sand but it more expensive than litter  :Crazy:

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 21:27:37 PM »
I use pets at home lightweight litter,
Im not gonna bother with them anymore there a waste of time lol,
Kitty wouldnt use the tray wen i used the citrus smelling ones she didnt like em lol,
Litter tray liners are so noisy aswell specially wen 2 11 week old kittens find them fun to play with  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 21:21:51 PM »
i... i mean jasper, used to use them, but they also had to be taped to the tray.  i had it down to quite a fine art!!!  i didnt understand why they made citrus smelling ones though - thought this was a bit stupid, but jasper didnt seem to mind.  but he is a bit odd and i'm not sure he knows he's a cat  :Luv:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 21:18:18 PM »
Lexy scratches everything except the litter. I learned quickly that liner were going to be strewn in shreds across my living room so now the many (and I mean many boxes) I bought are used when I clean out the litter tray every few days, one liner takes the left over bits of litter that can no longer be used, wrapped up and in the bin. Just find it easier to clean the tray than line it.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 20:59:05 PM »
smidgen thinks they are toys and scratches them to shreds so they never have a chance to do what they are designed for ..

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 20:56:53 PM »
No, no point. Its easier to clean a tray  and the litter soaks up the liquid if its any good ;D

Dont knoiw what litter you use but I use Smart Cat wood pellets/

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
litter tray liners
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 20:51:54 PM »
Does anyone use them?
I do but all 3 of mine end up scrapin the linner over the litter and then if i dony=t notice they wee in the bottom of the litter tray  :rofl: so ive now had to tape the linner to the tray  :rofl:

Link to CatChat