Warm Welcome to Purrs! > Welcome to Newbies :)

Hello

(1/2) > >>

Sam (Fussy_Furball):
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Ruth B:
Time is a great healer and builder of trust, let them decide when to come to you rather than trying to thrust yourself on them.  I adopted a new lad last Spring, a two year old Ragdoll cat, who had been with a family from the start of lockdown, and even he took a couple of months to really trust us.

Wand toys can also be a great way to interact with them, you can sit relatively still while still moving the toy around for them to chase, alternatively sitting and just quietly reading in the same room can help them grow accustomed to your presence.

I'm sure they are going to bring you great joy as you watch them improve over this year.

Liz:
Welcome to Purrs, have to say my favourite type of kitten.  We have had a lot of former ferals take down, my oldest boy Harper has taken 16 years but now humans are his favourite thing.

Get a great they like and use bribery it works, red dot laser pen was always a good thing.

Desley (booktigger):
Good luck with them, you might find it harder with them being a bonded pair, as they don't need humans the same with having each other. A lot of time, love and patience, and using interactive toys like feathers on sticks will help, as they don't need to get close to you, and you can use them to get them used to being touched. Hand feeding can also help, it's a positive interaction for them.

Lyn (Slugsta):
Hi and  :welcome:

I agree that time and patience usually does the trick. My friend has a kitten, now 7 months old, who was born outside to a feral mother. Kitten is very sweet but still cautious around people, especially those she doesn't know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version