Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
Re: Twitter
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 21:24:38 PM »
I'm on Twitter and love it. I prefer it to facebook actually as it's less fuss.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 19:44:30 PM »
Aw, thanks Bee! We love 'em!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
  • A meow massages the heart
  • Slave to: Motown, Drum & our beautiful baby Bass RIP
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 19:10:49 PM »
Jezebel - I don't think I've seen your Drum 'n' Bass before... they are so beautiful!  :Luv2:
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 18:06:52 PM »
When I get a minute I will read the idiots guides LOL

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 13:01:08 PM »
Twitter is really handy for work, spoken about it all too many times, and don't want to bore you with it!

@Bee shall follow you back :)

Off topic I know, just noticed @Bee and @Jezebel you have the same cat names? Wow - what are the chances of that?!

I know!! Great minds think alike I say  ;)

Tatty - I am under @Oral_B on Twitter, you should see me in your followers now, but feel free to abandon me if I bore he hell out of you!!  :)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 12:57:57 PM »
Off topic I know, just noticed @Bee and @Jezebel you have the same cat names? Wow - what are the chances of that?!

I know, :Crazy: !

Our cats are very different though, mine are two middle-aged ladies (some pics if you want to see them: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37812.msg668967.html) whilst Bee's are young debutantes!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 13:02:52 PM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Tatty

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 12:53:30 PM »
Twitter is really handy for work, spoken about it all too many times, and don't want to bore you with it!

@Bee shall follow you back :)

The adventures of Tatty! Twitter.com/The_Tatty_Cat

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 12:37:29 PM »
Well, I thought I should wade in and say I AM ON TWITTER!
I love it  :) I think the key is not to follow too many people, Basically I reall only follow friends plus the off smattering of things like festivals or independent magazines... I like to keep my Twitter feed personal. It's more or less just a quick way to flick through and see what everyone else is doing with their day  ;)
I shall add Tatty into the mix!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 11:57:52 AM »
Thanks for that link Tatty, I don't really use Twitter except for work (and then not very often) - or when I needed to find out whether there were any trains running from my local station last winter!

Offline Tatty

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 11:35:37 AM »
The guide I used an that I recommend is http://mashable.com/guidebook/twitter/

I use it for work and for me really handy sometimes too!

Someone once said Facebook is for the people you went to school with, Twitter is for the people you wish you'd gone to school with!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 11:32:04 AM »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 10:21:57 AM »
I have a twitter account too but like Gill don't understand what's going on and have given up and stuck with face book, so an idiots guide would be really useful  :thanks:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 22:24:20 PM »
I prefer facebook as it helps me interact with friends, school friends or ex colleagues that I am unable to see. twitter is hit and miss, it is really just fb status updates and feels less personal to me. It's like getting a half cup of latte at Starbucks, you feel something is missing.

I then end up following then likes of Denise Welch and think "Why am I here????"

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 22:20:01 PM »
No you lost me straight away LOL.......on face book you can see who is talking, well if they are a friend ,,,,,but dont know how to see who is talking  on Twitter or make contact.

Afraid I would need steps as in

1  do this
2 do this next  etc etc

I couldnt see how to post or do anything

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 22:16:43 PM »
I don't get Twitter either, I just can't work it out, and although I have a FB account I've all but closed it down cos it was freaking me out (being contacted by old flames, long since forgotten and good riddance!) and then being befriended by people I don't know or care to know - brrr makes me shudder.

Maybe we will all need to polish our social media skills in the future, right now? I like this one  :grouphug:

Offline Tatty

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 22:03:29 PM »
Imagine Twitter as being a biiig room full of people talking. The only difference is you can choose who you listen to, choose the people who listen to you, and talk to either a person individually, or the group as a whole... Still with me?

I'm not even going to compare it to Facebook, as it's *nothing* like it in the slightest. No 'farmville', tagging, etc. Just adults talking to each other in less than 140 characters :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 21:55:03 PM »
Not yet... I'm not on FB and have zero desire to be - I've seen the hassle it causes and it seems to take over people's lives! To me the bad outweighs the good and I have enough ways to keep in touch with friends/family ie face to face, phone, text, email, skype etc I'm intrigued by twitter but haven't joined yet as nothing has prompted me too... yet!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 21:48:55 PM »
Now I have a twitter account but just could not figure out how twitter works LOL...............so do tell me in easy language please  :innocent:

You can have cat flaps put in glass doors but would need a glazier to put it in and cut hole etc  ;D

There are also chip reading cat flaps on the market, I hate collars especially when they are not safety ones, which come off regularily lol

Offline Tatty

• Adult Cat
Twitter
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 20:49:55 PM »
Just wondering if there's anyone else here on Twitter? Merely out of pure curiosity! Tatty has his own twitter account, we're not made, we just used it as a PR tool (you can half tell I'm a social media consultant!!) to get some of our local papers to put it out there that we'd found him, and it made it interesting to our friends to see what he was doing. I of course have my own ;)

Also, whilst I'm here talking about Twitter i really want to have a go at this http://www.instructables.com/id/Tweeting-Cat-Door/ but we don't and can't have a cat flap as we've got a back door made of glass :( Boo!

Link to CatChat