Author Topic: why i hate this site :)  (Read 2585 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: why i hate this site :)
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2007, 15:18:02 PM »
Yep Gill PMd it to me the other day. If one assumes the name Ailurophobe derives from the greek, which most phobias do, then is seems the greek for cat must be ailuros or something similar. Still can't find my Liddel and scott so can't check for you. Just got the quote for the new bookshelves. I'm glad I was sitting down at the time ........

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 14:09:19 PM »
Yellow Peril's gone again  :P
This site is definitely addictive as it's a safe haven for cat maniacs, who may otherwise cause peep's eyes to  :Crazy:  :innocent:  :shify: and cross the road  :help:

I agree, the only thing that's upsetting is the stories of illness and loss.  But this is a wonderful, wonderful site full of great people. But you knew that already. I don't know what I would do without it, as it's lonely when your soooo loved 4 leggies aren't well and you haven't a clue what to do.
OH got fed up on hol with me in Italy as I'd stop to talk to every cat -and there are quite a few. Biggest cat I've ever seen, lying in a basket in the doorway of a shop in ?? I forget where - elderly, black clad woman owner saw me watching and I said in my pidgin Italian..he's BIG...to which she replied 'he eats people'.  :rofl: (er, she prob meant tourists!).

So - you haven't managed to work cats into your thesis somehow yet then Deborah. There must be a word in ancient greek for moggy :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 18:46:49 PM »
Oh boy we were raining yesterday , cant remember when it started but my garden still has puddles in it.

We are due more rain tomorrow and as all days seem like the same cant remember for the rest of week.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 13:29:56 PM »
The yellow thing eh?  Crikey, don't faint Gill, its OK, you may not have seen it for a while, but its meant to be there  :rofl:

We had the yellow thing yesterday as well, nicest day in ages, was just in time for our club match last night, so we played tennis outdoors from 6.30 to just before 9pm when it started to get dark.... very pleasant indeed  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 12:06:02 PM »
After raining all morning the yellow thing has come out in the sky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why am I still in the house on da puter?

Must be that Tanni and her secret......did she say after two. if so I am gonneeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 11:04:19 AM »
Defo an addiction for me (this site) love coming on here as i adore cats and everything about them......my OH is gonna get me a laptop cos he's sick of me pinching this one  :evillaugh:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 11:01:01 AM »
I came almost last once in an inter-schools cross country race because I saw a cat and stopped for a good 10 mins to have a stroke and a cuddle  :Luv:!!!

Glad to hear you've got your priorities right then  ;D  Kitties over running a long way in the mud .... tough decision  :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 10:06:33 AM »
:rofl:

as if I would be able to work from home! I think I'm being even more cat crazy than usual. The other day, as i was going to work, i followed a black cat for almost a block because I wanted a cuddle!  :rofl:

:Crazy: :rofl: :rofl:

I must confess to having done things like that... but one day they'll be following YOU. See Dawn, Teresa and Ela and the others for the long term side effects of that.  :evillaugh:

I came almost last once in an inter-schools cross country race because I saw a cat and stopped for a good 10 mins to have a stroke and a cuddle  :Luv:!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 00:21:32 AM »
Purrs is the new ebay  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 00:11:26 AM »
I hate this site because...  I'm addicted to it  :Crazy:  It's 10 past midnight and I should be off to bed but I had to get my daily fix  :Crazy:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 22:43:53 PM »
Cos I have to leave the house to stay away from it  :rofl: :rofl:

and its hard when its raining most of time. :shify: :shify:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 22:11:57 PM »

as if I would be able to work from home! I think I'm being even more cat crazy than usual. The other day, as i was going to work, i followed a black cat for almost a block because I wanted a cuddle!  :rofl:

:Crazy: :rofl: :rofl:

I must confess to having done things like that... but one day they'll be following YOU. See Dawn, Teresa and Ela and the others for the long term side effects of that.  :evillaugh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 21:56:02 PM »
Wel I hate this site coz it has taken over my life and I suffer guilt all the time that I am not pulling my weight in our little 2 person company.

Still, who cares..... my business partner is currently enjoying herself with hubby on the 2nd of her 3 planned holidays this year so while the cat's away.... :shoosh:

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 19:14:00 PM »
The only reason I "hate" this site is to hear about peoples poor furbabes that have been lost or ill  :(

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 17:20:48 PM »

Just ignore me, I'm nuts

Doing a PHD will do that to you...

mmm, I'm working on ancient greek literature. Not many cats in there. Hence the problem. What on earth was Homer thinking of?!

I majored in classics and yes, the cat does not get much of a look-in does it... not even sure I know the classical greek for cat ........

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 17:13:08 PM »
when i took connor for his swimming lesson today there was a young tabby and white kitten outside, no more than 4-5 mnths old, sex unknown. I've never seen such a friendly cat in all my life, it positively came bounding towards us then walked/danced on its hind legs before chucking itself at or feet begging for mercy  ;D  well no it was begging for pets actually  :evillaugh:  I could have taken it home and then it lay outside the pool looking up in through the glass at us whilst anya anounced to the whole of scotland she just "saw a puddy cat"  ;D

cant say i wasnt worried and unamused at it being outside though  :(  but one of the instructers told my daughter it had "followed its mum down" ????? i can only presume someone who was at the pool, maybe staff member.  I do hope nothing ever happens to it, really was amazingly over affectionate creature  :Luv:

Offline Déborah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 16:48:26 PM »

Just ignore me, I'm nuts

mmm, I'm working on ancient greek literature. Not many cats in there. Hence the problem. What on earth was Homer thinking of?!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 16:46:31 PM »
What's your research field. Perhaps we can all pitch in and find resources for you ....  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 16:44:18 PM »
 :hug:  ah stop yer winging woman and take a book home with your  :evillaugh:

Offline Déborah

• Adult Cat
why i hate this site :)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 16:32:00 PM »
I hate this site because when I come here and read about all your wonderful babies, it makes me long to spend some time with Mia, so I leave Uni to go home early and don't get as much work done as I should!!  :mad2:  :rage:

Here I am, at my desk, it's only 4.30pm and all I can think about is cuddling Mia!! I hate you all, it will be because of you if I don't finish my PhD!

*goes away in a huff*

:ahh:

Link to CatChat