Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Any suggestions to be added to Our Health guide sections post here :)

(1/7) > >>

alisonandarchie:
Perhaps a section on ear removal due to skin cancer and tail amputation

PersianCatLover:
Nutri-plus Gel!

I was just reading about cats with tooth problems, or not eating and thought I should post a bit about the use of Nutri-plus gel.  To quote the package it is a "Dietetic Complementary Feed for cats and dogs -Nutritional restoration and convalescence."

I used this for years and it worked a treat when Widget had the tooth extractions and subsequent abscess.  It certainly relieved my mind when she didn't feel like eating because of the sore mouth etc.

It is available on line and if you look for it you can find it with free shipping and next day delivery.  It is made by Virbac Animal Heath.

Hope this helps some of you.  Oh, if your cat is just turning his/her (sorry my cats and yours are not ITS to me) nose up to their food it also works great as an appetite stimulant.

Love yas
da Suz  (by the way I was "da Suz" long before there was "da bird" so don't think I'm stealing it lol.  I'm half-Italian so it sort of fits! :naughty:

Gill (sneakiefeline):
This sounds interesting.........instructions please  ;D

lornab:
To be honest it is very like the 'comfy collar', although it's not inflatable, which is probably a good thing with cats, nor does it depend on velcro to keep it in position - i'm not sure how that would fare with a really determined cat.
Comfy collars are not expensive, but the problem is you don't know that you need one until you REALLY REALLY need it and when you do need it you need it RIGHT NOW! :rofl: you don't want to be waiting 3 or 4 days for the postman to deliver it as by then you wont need it anyway and you'd be far better off spending your money on a of bottle of wine :rofl:.
If you are a handy sort of person (or know someone who is) and have the bits and pieces needed anyway its great to be able to whip one up in an emergency - if you have to go out and buy stuff especially then it would probably work out cheaper to buy a proper one.

Here are the 'Ingredients'

1 length of 2inch diameter tubular pipe insulation,
Short Length of hosepipe
1 thick shoelace
Gaffer or other electrical tape.

The other good thing about making your own is that you can make it exactly the right size for your own cat.
Instructions to follow.......

Gill (sneakiefeline):
I think thats a great idea Lorna and it will help many  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version