Author Topic: stray cat wants to come in....  (Read 2110 times)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: stray cat wants to come in....
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 15:29:29 PM »
hi
thanks for the paper collar link, I havent seen her at mine since so hopefully they are letting her stay in the house a bit more  :wow:
I dnt want t be one of those people wh steals others cats etc but she weighs next to nothing bless her s may be tempted to sneek her food everynow and again if she returns.
Its hard around here as the people arent quite normal so you arent sure how they will react to what you think is a friendly word of advice, you are likely to be met with a few :censored:
thanks all though i will update if i see her again :shy:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 19:55:38 PM »
This is good news, at least she's not homeless.

Maybe the owner is old or sick or broke, though...I wonder if the chip company would get in touch with the owner to check?

I know!

Paper collar her! Put your phone number on and ask the owner to call you for help. I bet you can work with her owner to help Angel out. The RSPCA do a paper collar

http://content.www.rspca.org.uk/cmsprd/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobnocache=false&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1232998019753&ssbinary=true

Not guilty of catnap - guilty of being wonderfully caring.

OH? I bet a nice plate of fish and chips and a cuddle will sort him out. You're a caring person and he loves you because of it, and I'm sure he wouldn't want you to change, you disobedient little minx you.  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 18:22:22 PM »
Very dramatic  :rofl: :rofl:

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 14:02:59 PM »
hi
unfortunately They wouldnt give me the owners details for confidentiality :innocent:
I agree she doesnt look cared for although very affectionate so obviously loved, i think its a case of shot the cat out all day tbh, the lady at vets said some cats like to go out which i agree with but in this cats case she wouldnt be sat clawing at my back door and upon my doorstep in that state if her house was acessable, all i can do is keep an eye on her, if she looks worse then ill pop her up rspca instead and they can do a proper check over unless any local ladies more knowledgble want to pop round to take a look next time shes doing her rounds in my garden :wow:
oh has gone sulking now in bedroom and stuck a flea trap lamp near front door where basket was, dramatic or what :innocent:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 13:30:39 PM »
some oldies do look a bit rough around the edges - well done for trying to help though

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 13:16:26 PM »
could you ring the owner or go round?

sounds like she is maybe old and wanders off and forgets, if she was senile she would be shouting and shouting.

doesnt sound like she is being cared for and if she is missing, they are not looking.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »
update again :wow:
took her to vets which had just shut but thankfully the old chap who is a builder there let me in as woman was still there, she wasnt the vet but scanned pussycat and she was chipped! apparently shes quite old and lives nearby (they phoned up and found out)so i am guilty of kidnapping a cat now :-[
Im still concerned that she was in such a state, lady at vets couldnt check if she was pregnant etc or tell me more but im hoping if shes chipped then shes neutered too ....at least i now know she does have a home so i will keep an eye on her more if she comes by, dont know what to do about state of her though as it could just be an age thing i guess? shes a lovely cuddly girl so do hope that she does get affection at home... not really sure there is much more i can do :scared:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 09:58:51 AM »
This is providence.  :care:

Can you phone the vet and ask if it's OK to give her flea/worm treatment (in case she is pregnant) if they can't squeeze you in?

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 09:44:32 AM »
update: I was going to shop and Angel is sat in the demolished pub carpark in the pouring rain staring into the sky, now i know cats do some crazy stuff but that cant be right :'( soooooo angel is now in my top bathroom and oh is asleep, im going to have to see if i can get her to vets without him knowing she was here, or stand my ground in helping the poor girl. on close inspection her mouth looks very manky and her eyes look sick, no sparkle, rear end dont look too pretty either as she thought it was a good idea to try to show me it after licking it :sick:
shes so friendly im hoping she does belong to some one and is maybe old or something, maybe senile hence her rather odd sky gazing rather than just abandoned but hopefully vet will establish age , shes upstairs anyway at moment :shy:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 22:34:28 PM »
havent seen her since so hope she is ok :-:
if i see her tommorrow i will catch her (not hard as shes a fuss pot!) , the bit that makes me think shes pregnant is its at the sides more than under the belly if you get what i mean? i dont want to give her worm or flea stuff yet untill i find that out in case its dangerous to the babies (if they exist ), ive got drontal and fronline here as after i came home from egypt to find the oh covered in fleabites and them hopping off the sofas :sick: so the cats and house have been fully treated and we have emergency supplies...hence ohs flea phobia :evillaugh:
Im livid at the moment though as i heard fireworks outside, shouted daughter to make sure cats were in...she ran out into garden and there is a lad in our garden ,a boy(i say boy but they are 19 at youngest) in the alley that leads to next doors garden, chasing their fireworks :censored: :censored:
they then proceded to go out front of house to throw them at passing cars :Crazy:
I swear the genetic make up of the people round here needs investigating as none of them are quite right, they know we have kids and cats so who on earth would start thowing fireworks about...in broad daylight :censored:
I really hope angel has found a safe spot to hide tonight cos i dont trust those lads at all >:(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 20:30:39 PM »
Sorry about Cookie. RIP.  :hug: It is a coincidence, though, isn't it, this little Angel turning up in need of your help?

You could pop a topical flea treatment on her neck - that will sort out her ear mites too so OH won't be able to complain about her infesting the house. These work in around 24 hours, so she could be flea free by tomorrow night.

If she's expecting, it might be prudent to get her to the vet asap, they can stop a pregnancy if it's not gone too far, and spay her at the same time. Ask about the RSPCA C4 voucher scheme for stray cats - many vets will take them which means she would get her neuter for free. Vet can scan her too for a chip.

She may have rejected your shed if she's looking for a place to have her kittens. Don't be offended, she really needs to be indoors if she's about to pop out of the way of foxes, dogs, other cats etc.

If she's not preggers, the pot belly may be a bad worm infestation. This is very likely if she's got fleas as they go hand in hand, so she needs a good multi-wormer which the vet will help you with.

Bless you for caring, OH will come round once you've got her cleaned up.  :hug: :hug:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 16:17:31 PM »
well shes gone off now, she wasnt impressed with a bed in the shed :innocent:
My daughter was out in the garden in the cold with "angel" sat on her knee refusing to budge (angel..not daughter :evillaugh:) so she put her in shed and came in...
i just checked and angel is no where to be seen so shes probs gone off to her usual haunts, we have a big peice of wastland near my house where the pub was knocked down so i have seen her in there before and the care home garden which is out my back. I had presumed before that the care home took care of her as she likes to sit on their lawn but she was so light when i picked her up that i dont think shes had a good meal for a while :(
I will stick her a bit of food out later and see if she comes back and maybe take a walk round block see if she is living outside or see if i can spot her going to a house.
its really cold outside and our house is like a sauna, god i feel so bad, just hoping she isnt pregnant as wouldnt want her having kittens in a bush or something. Oh must not know what I am up to :shify:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 15:47:57 PM »
Poor little cat and probably has realized that in your house is a place where there are cats and therefore there must be warmth and food, she has selected your house cos ........she knows you are an easy touch.............she thinks it has possiblities as a new home and better than where she currently is.

Such a hard situation as I knew with Pussy, now Leonie and had same problems in London and that is how Kocka became my first cat. I didnt know anything about cats or fleas until I had an out break of them in my home,,,,,,,,,fleas that is not cats!

• Hero Cat
stray cat wants to come in....
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 14:29:54 PM »
hi
there is a cat that turned up at our front door the day we took our cookie our cockatiel to the vet (R.I.P), well oh said it was sat outside door waiting to come in today :(
Im sure its the same cat i gave some dinner to earlier this summer and seen it about with our two sometimes in the garden but normally gone when i go out.
anyway shes in a right state bless her, ever so friendly but very dirty, i gave her a cuddle and covered in fur, her ears look like they likely have mites (found a kitten early this year in same state who vet adopted thankfully)
around this area she could be stray or a pet as people around this area dont seem that bothered with cats and tend to let them roam loose so they can look a state but be a pet if you get what i mean.
well i gave her two bowls of dinner which she ate real quick and licked bowl clean making little gulps :(
Ive made a little shelter in shed and put in water and bed plus some dry food- and propped door open a bit with a big stone so she can go in but not let rain in etc, she has no interest in going in though as keeps licking the back door and trying to get in :Crazy:
oh is going mental and says no way is she coming in to infect our cats as i said i could take her to top bathroom and give a good groom and at least apply some flea treatment so shes more comfortable but hes gone off on one :censored:
I think daughter is willing to take her down to vets to see if shes chipped etc, I dont mind looking after her if shes outside but tbh shes so friendly if she is a stray then she deserves a home!
Im also concerned she may be pregnant as when i picked her up she weighs nothing compared to ours but she looks slightly wide to the sides, hopefully a vet would be able to establish if she is.
the kids are now in tears and have called her Angel, im paranoid Cookie has returned in the form of a cat and oh is having a mental convinced now we are all going to have fleas :(

Link to CatChat