Author Topic: Whre is the best place to get a feliway diffuser/spray  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Whre is the best place to get a feliway diffuser/spray
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 15:16:18 PM »
Has there been a post removed from this?

Nope, there was a similar thread though - is this what you were thinking was missing?

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,27716.msg487324.html#msg487324

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 15:14:06 PM »
Has there been a post removed from this?
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 22:35:37 PM »
I now use www.petvetcare.co.uk   

Whilst there is a small delivery charge, they are marginally cheaper for Feliway so makes little difference. The order arrived next day.

I now have 2 plug ins on the go; one upstairs and one downstairs and the spray due to peeing probs with a few of our 6. Altho not out of the woods yet (Freddie tried to pee in the blasted shed the other day!), things seem to be going in the right direction  :shify: :shify: :shify:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 22:36:07 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 23:47:14 PM »
I'm a big fan of the diffuser - one of mine can be overly sensitive/skittish and the Feliway lets him relax and his care free personality shine through.  I was having one plugged in on a month on / month off  basis as they're not cheap but really noticed the difference in him in the month off so now have one going permanently. I mainly use vetuk unless I find an amazing offer elsewhere as have always been pleased with VetUK service ie free postage, fast dispatch etc

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 19:34:35 PM »
I have used Petmeds and Ebay in the past but find that at the moment Vetuk is the cheapest - I have both the diffusers and the spray (just in case)
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 18:31:11 PM »
The sprays are great as you can target them to specific areas but for ease of use, I quite like the diffuser. When I introduce a new cat and when we had a cat with some special needs we had one upstairs and one downstairs and it really did help. The diffuser also covers quite a big area so can be good for generally helping the cat to feel calm in their surroundings. I got mine from vetUk and have also bought refilss from reputable sellers on eBay.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 18:25:46 PM »
and which is better the spray or diffuser 

It depends really. The spray was the first product to be introduced and I think the its more useful because you use it to target specific areas - for instance if you have a cat that urine marks you use the spray just in those areas every day over a period of about 28 days. It can also be used to spray inside carriers about 15 mins before you need to transport a cat to the vets or cattery. The diffusers cannot be used to target certain areas in the same way as the sprays, but they are userful in some situations, when introducing a new cat to the household for instance.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 17:15:23 PM »
I'm not sure what I think, to be honest, as I've never been able to find reports of independent clinical trials (if anyone knows of any, please let me know) but if you do want to give it a try, CC is right to recommend VetUK.  Moreover, if you click through to VetUK from a rescue, that rescue gets 5% commission from VetUK at no extra cost to you.

Paws Inn is in the scheme http://www.pawsinncats.com/ as is Chesterfield CP, to my certain knowledge.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 17:06:23 PM »
You can by them from vetUK for a fraction of the cost from vets.

I dont think humans can smell it as its cat pheromones  :)
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Taraukuk

• Adult Cat
Whre is the best place to get a feliway diffuser/spray
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 16:46:09 PM »
Hi all I was wondering on all your opinons about these diffusers.. To be honest I have never heard of them until recently and which is better the spray or diffuser are they smellabe to humans ???? Sorry for all the questions lol :thanks: Tara

Link to CatChat