Author Topic: Cosmo's been grounded  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cosmo's been grounded
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 18:48:16 PM »
But did you see him kill the bird and leave the body on your path? I think hes being set up  :evillaugh:

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 20:46:55 PM »
umm, don't think so - OH found a (very :sick:) dead bird on our garden path this afternoon.  Cosmo is also partial to playing with the frogs in next door's pond.  We can hear them screaming so OH goes out and grabs protesting cat and hauls him back inside - 'cept last weekend when he kept just out of reach >:(

I know it's just in their nature to "play" but at least Jessie just keeps to bugs and moths.  Wouldn't mind but they're such wimpy, sloths the rest of the time :tired:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 19:50:29 PM »
One ginger cat looks like another so maybe hes purley innocent?  ;D
Blackbirds shouldnt be as dumb to fledge weeks before they can actually fly :doh:

:rofl: :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 18:29:25 PM »
One ginger cat looks like another so maybe hes purley innocent?  ;D
Blackbirds shouldnt be as dumb to fledge weeks before they can actually fly :doh:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 15:40:00 PM »
Jerry has just been incarcerated after bringing in a thrush that we have managed to save. :tired:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 15:36:33 PM »
not a murderer, but sounds as if Cosmo has been guilty of wounding with intent :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Cosmo's been grounded
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 15:34:25 PM »
As some of you might know, my 2 cats only go out at weekends or when we're around.  Well on Friday, OH got home early from work about 4o/c, opened the backdoor and let Cosmo out - he likes to patrol his borders :evillaugh:  Anyway, when I got in at about 8o/c, I found a handwritten note posted through the door asking "Do you have a ginger cat?  If so, please keep him indoors for a few days as he's been worrying a nest of baby blackbirds that are fledging and to give one that's been slightly mauled a chance to recover". 

Someone had drawn a smiley face so it wasn't a snotty letter - just feel sad that they didn't feel confident about leaving a house number/name :(.  Anyway, the furries have been kept in over the weekend and played with so, hopefully, the birds will be ok/gone by next weekend.  Wouldn't be so bad if it was raining but it's been v sunny today.

Ho, hum - just feel as though I'm harbouring a murderer :-[

Link to CatChat