Author Topic: Are Mealworms harmful?!  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
Re: Are Mealworms harmful?!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 21:28:28 PM »
Just as well you noticed cos imagine the panic if the mealworms  had turned up in their poo and you hadn't known theyd been eaten ...... :sick:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 20:45:10 PM »
Oops I hadn't thought about the logic that in the wild they'd eat anything they could find I just went straight into panic mode  :doh::-[   I'm such a paranoid Mummy about my babies lol!
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 20:16:14 PM »
Puddy that story reminds me of a story my mum takes great delight is telling everyone about ... when I was about 2 / 2½ she found me sat on the floor in the kitchen stuffing my face with sardines in tomato sauce like they were the best thing I had ever tasted.  All perfectly normal apart from the fact the sardines were in the cats food bowl and our simese cat was sat next to me "sharing" his dinner with me!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  :sick:

Never did me any harm but since then I can't look at a tin of sardines in tomato suace without a little smile and a feeling of sickness!  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 19:25:00 PM »
Many years ago when my daughter was about 2 years old we were walking through the tropical houser at Bourton on the Water when we realised she had got a handful of meal worms put out for the birds and was happily eating them.  She is still with us and apart from being as mad as the rest of the faimly, seems to have come to no harm.  I think that Pinball will be absolutely fine.   :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 18:12:27 PM »
No they shouldn't do any harm Lottie.  My mum has mealworms for the wrens and robins and quiet often finds Chloe chowing down on them  :rofl:  Cats in the wild eat all sorts of bugs and crawlies.  I wouldn't recommend them as a main meal but I'm sure as a light snack they will be OK!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 20:10:52 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
Are Mealworms harmful?!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 18:09:53 PM »
I've got a packet of mealworms for the Wagtails and I've just found Pinball munching them after he broke into the packet  :scared:

Will they do him any harm?!  :scared:   He's such a little big wotsit for eating everything he sees regardless of whether its food or not, the delights of 9 month old kittens!
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Link to CatChat