Author Topic: My new girl  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
Re: My new girl
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 11:46:14 AM »
Aw what an awful start in life.  Hope Poppy settles in well with you and the boys x

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 11:42:00 AM »
AWWW the poor baby  :'( :'(

thank heaven she has found paradise with you -  :hug: bless her xxxxxx

piccy once she had settled in please  :)

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 10:51:22 AM »
Poor little thing, good on you for taking her into your family.  Here's hoping she settles quickly and thrives.

Offline Shorty-Leanne

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 10:39:19 AM »
Poor little thing  :(
I reckon she'll thrive with you  :Luv:

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 10:36:02 AM »
Well, the way my love life is going at the moment, she certainly won't  have to worry about running into a man on the stairs anytime soon!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 10:26:59 AM »
Hopefully you can bring her out of her shell and give her the happy relaxed life she deserves  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 10:15:28 AM »
Aww, I do hope she settles in well, what an awful life for her so far
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 10:14:17 AM »
Poor baby, what a life  :( Hope Riley and Digby like their new sister and she likes them - looking forward to her pics when she's settled in  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »
poor little babe, hope she settles in quickly with your furry family!

Offline tiga

• Senior Cat
My new girl
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 10:06:13 AM »
I am adopting a new girl and her name is Poppy. Hopefully she will get on well with Riley and Digby. They are very laid back, so laid back that I think Feliway may make them  comatose!

Poppy is from the same rescue I got Riley and Digby from and she has had a very sad life. When she was a kitten she was taken to live with someone who had two big dogs. Apparently the dogs didn't like cats and terrorised her from the start.  You'd think the woman would have rehomed Poppy, but no, she stuck her in a small bedroom and left her there, with two big dogs barking and pawing at the door! Poppy was shut in the room as if the woman took her out the dogs went for her. Poppy has been in the rescue for 6 months after the stupid woman finally gave her up after 3 YEARS of terror!

Poppy has been with 2 fosterers and has been with her current one for 2 months. She gets on okay with the other cats but is still very timid and very scared of men. I think she just needs lots of quiet and TLC to gain her confidence.

I am going to keep her in the bathroom at first as I don't want her to get so comfy in one room that she never wants to come out. Then once the boys and her are okay with each other I can gradually move her things out of the bathroom and she has to find her spots in the rest of the house.

She is absolutely gorgeous, semi-long haired, mainly black with white paws and a tiny white patch on her head. I don't have pics yet. When I met her she came up and sniffed me and sat by me, but she is still very nervous of being touched so I didn't push it.

I'm hopeful the boys will be fine with her as they are used to living with lots of cats and they have more than enough toys and sleeping places to share! I am getting her in a few weeks after I have had a 3 day break at the end of August.

Link to CatChat