Author Topic: Cosmo believes he can fly  (Read 1474 times)

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Re: Cosmo believes he can fly
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 21:51:03 PM »
thanks BC - there's no lump and it seems to be healing well.  Cosmo's fine in himself but will keep an eye on it just in case things change.

just seems unthinkable to me how anyone could do such a thing :( but recognise there's a lot of unpleasant people out there  >:(

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 21:04:28 PM »
posh kids play with air guns too. I would have him checked, or at least see if there is a lump near the wound. Posh does not equate with good behaviour - it equates with a sense of privilege that allows one to get away with outrageous behaviour because daddy is important - trust me, I went to a private school and have seen quite a lot of that in my day ...

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 21:00:21 PM »
that was my initial thought  >:( but can't really believe anyone would do something like that - esp as we back on to very posh houses and gardens - too cruel/horrible  :'(

good news is that it does look as though it's healing and Cosmo ain't bothered at all  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 00:47:03 AM »
Hope Cosmo is OK ...........it couldnt be an air pellet wound could it?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 22:12:26 PM »
Ahhh poor baby glad he is ok  :hug:

Sounds a bit like Zephyr .. he climbed me tree when he was little (chasing a sparrow on the very top twig) and the silly so n so feel out ... knocked all his front teeth out and got a big scratch on his nose!  :scared:  He still hasn't got any front teeth.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 21:34:33 PM »
Poor Cosmo  :hug:  Give him a hug from me.

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 21:33:06 PM »
 :thanks:

had a quick look this evening and can see the hole but it seems to be dry and not weepy so - fingers crossed - it'll heal ok otherwise I'll whip him up the vets.

he seems happy enough chasing Jessie  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 15:49:14 PM »
Poor Cosmo! Glad he seems OK, please give him a gentle head kiss from me and the boys  :hug:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 23:05:14 PM »
Bless him, glad he seems OK!

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Cosmo believes he can fly
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 23:03:28 PM »
yesterday was such fab weather we opened the back door and let the cats out  ;D they were fine all day, in, out, in, out...you get the picture.  About 3 o'clock, we heard a strange yowling and crashing noises from the garden - thought it might be the big black 'n' white moggy that scares Cosmo - but no hissing or screeching.  Anyways, Cosmo comes flying up the path and heads straight under our bed.  Shut the door 'cos he was freaked.  When he comes out, his back is all wet (water) and so is his side but it's a streak of blood and we find there's a little hole at the top of his back leg - he cleaned himself up, used his tray and had his tea (yes, we did give him tuna  :innocent:).  then promptly slept like a log all last night and most of today.  Was going to take him to the vet but he's not limping and fine with me stroking him so he's not been bitten.

Think he fell out of the plane tree at the bottom of the garden chasing squirrels, pigeons or somesuch - he'd been climbing the apple trees earlier and nearly fallen but hung on by a claw - they're only a few feet high, the plane tree's nearly 100 foot high  :Crazy:

Worse than having kids  :scared:

Link to CatChat