Author Topic: URGENT - ANY OFFERS OUT THERE??????  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: URGENT - ANY OFFERS OUT THERE??????
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 09:48:03 AM »
This dog is now sorted, the owner went back to my other vets which she was meant to do weeks ago, they've been in touch with the PDSA and they are covering the tumour ops for her.  I'm pleased the dog is getting sorted but I'm annoyed that a dog is allowed to get into that state and then the PDSA picking up the tab  :censored:  I think if she was made to cough up the money herself, she may look after the dog a little more than she is doing.  There's not a lot I can do about it now, but I will think twice before offering to help anyone in the future especially where it ends up costing me money  :censored:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 19:29:38 PM »
Have you had any luck with finding a foster Dawn? I hope u have x

Not as yet, I'm still working on it......I need somewhere asap so I can book her appointment  :sigh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 10:02:58 AM »
Have you had any luck with finding a foster Dawn? I hope u have x

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 07:55:51 AM »
awwwww shes a babe  :Luv: hope u find someone soon
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 00:13:41 AM »
Ahhh, she's sweet. Sorry I can't help but good luck finding somewhere. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 23:03:20 PM »
Here's some pics of this gorgeous girl  :Luv:  :Luv:  In the second pic, you can see the larger tumour clearly  :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 19:39:04 PM »
I may just need a foster home now while she has treatment  :sigh:

I've just got back from the vets with her and Sean has given her a good check over.  She has about 4 tumours at least that she needs removing, he actually thought she was a male dog and so did my son  :'(  Her nipples are extremely enlarged due to the over producing of Oestrogen and the largest of the tumours is actually leaking  :sick:  He said with this one, he thinks the blood vessels have burst inside so basically she needs sorting asap.  If I sort out the NCDL voucher, Sean has quoted me approximately £250, he doesn't think she will need a full mammary strip but until he opens her up, he hasn't got a clue what he's going to find.  He's pretty certain she will have cystic ovaries as well.......she was such a sweet dog during her examination bless her  :Luv:  :Luv:

He wants her booked in asap, if her x rays are clear, he wants to do the whole lot in one go including the spay.

I dropped her back off with the woman and explained the situation, to be fair she does love the dog and I think ignorance about the lumps and obviously the money has played a big part in it.  She is living with her ex's sister and is waiting for a house which she should get within the next week or so.  She can't keep the dog where she is and her ex where the dog was staying has been giving her a lot of grief about the dog the last few days......this is why she wanted rid.  She has told me if I get her booked in, she will give me £150 next week and the rest of the money the week after but also, can I find a fosterer for a couple of weeks for her to recover.  She has got kids and she needs somewhere she's not going to get pulled around as it's a big op she will be going through.  I'm not sure whether the decision for her to keep her is a good one, but she sounded really genuine and said she definitely won't let me down so I have agreed but I have told her, I will be keeping in touch to make sure the dog is alright and I will take her back and to to the vets for her post op checkups.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 18:53:24 PM »
Hope you have luck with this one Dawn....have you thought about putting this thread on Dogpages? Maybe someone on there can help?

Wish i lived closer x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
URGENT - ANY OFFERS OUT THERE??????
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 14:12:04 PM »
This is not a cat I know and I've posted on the cat bit but I need a foster home asap preferably pretty close to me  :help:

Some of you may know I've been trying to get through to someone about getting their Rottie treated  :censored:  It's a long story but they told the vets they had found the dog and I honestly think she was theirs and according to next door they've had her years.  This is the same woman I got Jake and George off  :censored:  :censored:  Anyway she has tumours underneath, and she isn't spayed.  She is such a sweet dog, I love her to bits and would have her in an instant if I didn't have mine  :Luv:  I had her booked in with Sean to have an x ray on Tuesday to which the owner asked me to cancel  :censored:  She needs an x ray to see if her lungs are clear before commencing with treatment.    I think a lot of it is a money issue with them as I've been quoted approx £300 for treatment if she needs it  :Crazy:  I've sorted out an NCDL voucher which I can give her for free and will get her spayed at least.  Anyway, I've now had a phone call asking if I can rehome her asap  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  In a way, I'm really pleased but now it means I need to get funding sorted which I haven't got and I need somewhere to keep her for recovery for her op so basically I need a foster home.  I am willing to get the x ray done to find out what needs doing and also spayed at the same time if she can be but I will need help  :sigh:

Link to CatChat