Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

New veterinary product - the answer to our prayers?

(1/3) > >>

CurlyCatz:
you could always move to an area where you dont get harvest mites  :rofl:

IE up here...!!!

fuzziesdad:
yep thats where all of ours have had them but fortunately thats all its only harriet and kizzy who have them the worst and they get them in between there toes >:(
( maybe using frontline spray might be better as its weaker and more adaptable but do you know if the spray has fripinole?)

Nick (Peanut & Boo):
Just a word of warning . I know you will be careful but you must make sure its not possible for any frontline to drip into the cats ear canal or deep into the ear. I only ever  use it on the outside bits of the ears where there is a double flap at the bottom. This is where most of the mites seem to migrate the nasty little critters.

fuzziesdad:

--- Quote from: Nick (Peanut & Boo) on December 17, 2006, 18:44:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: fuzziesdad on December 15, 2006, 20:56:51 PM ---

harriet(harry) had the same jab for infection of sores caused by bloomin harvest mites (again)

--- End quote ---

Peanut gets a lot of these in his ears poor mite (ooh a pun! :) )  We use some frontline on a cotton bud which works a treat. He only usually gets a infestation in the external earlobe . He spends the summer sleeping under the shrubs in the garden :doh:

--- End quote ---

all of ours sleep in the garden and to be sure that's where they get them and apparently they move around from garden to garden,village to village ,estate to estate ( the harvest mites that is).
We are at this moment negotiating with them to move somewhere else........lol,thanks for the tip about using the cotton bud I will try it. :thanks:   

Nick (Peanut & Boo):

--- Quote from: fuzziesdad on December 15, 2006, 20:56:51 PM ---

harriet(harry) had the same jab for infection of sores caused by bloomin harvest mites (again)

--- End quote ---

Peanut gets a lot of these in his ears poor mite (ooh a pun! :) )  We use some frontline on a cotton bud which works a treat. He only usually gets a infestation in the external earlobe . He spends the summer sleeping under the shrubs in the garden :doh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version