Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

kitten food

(1/2) > >>

Em:
i seem to remember that, way back in 1997, Ickle and the Dop were fed normal cat food, oily fish and easy to digest biscuits by the humans, and a varied diet of moths, spiders, mice and small birds by the other cats. Bless.  :rofl:

Rhona:
I feed my kittens a variety of food, but probably 50/50 in terms of wet & dry food.  For wet it is Felix, Whiskas & Paws (Sainsbury's own), for dry it is mostly James Wellbeloved, Whiskas & Go Cat, but I have used different ones now & then which all seem to have gone down well.   On the odd occassion I have given them white fish, prawns, chicken, tuna & liver (in small amounts) which all go down well with Mia, but Maddi doesn't like white fish!
 :thumbd:

Susanne (urbantigers):
I feed a variety of different wet foods as I think it helps prevent them becoming too fussy.  It sounds like you're doing that already.  Both whiskas and felix do free kitten packs if you don't already know - if you go to their respective websites you can have them sent to you.  Both include free pouches of kitten food.  You might also like to try natures menu and hi life wet kitten foods (natures menu available from Tesco and PAH, hi life available from PAH and most supermarkets) for a bit of variety.  I feed mainly wet but lots of peeps feed both wet and dry.  I'm not too keen on dry food for cats but it is conveninient as it can be left down for them.  Some people feed a couple of wet meals per day and leave some dry food down at other times.  If you want to try a bit of dry food I can recommend James Wellbeloved - you can get free sample size bags from their website but only in adult not kitten (they do sell kitten though).

Gillian Harvey:
Sounds like your'e giving her plenty of variety already, and its great anyway that your'e giving her some fresh food too with the steamed chicken. You don't really need to feed dry food if she's doing ok on what she's already having.

Ordinary dry foods do nothing for their teeth (just shatter on the teeth with no abrasive action at all), but the dry dental biscuits are made to have more of an abrasive action, so you might want to think about giving her some of those as treats every day maybe.

Liza:
I give mine felix kitten wet food and then science plan kitten dry food...........they love it!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version