Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Help - litter troubles!

(1/2) > >>

Millys Mum:
Simple Solution is very good for cleaning up stains, if you use alcohol, wash the area with bio washing powder first.

Glad to hear that your little one is happy with her new litter, maybe the old litter was too pointy on her paws!

bexterwho:
Thanks for all your replies.

I picked up some different litter on my way home tonight, put it in one of the trays, put her in it and scratched her paws around a bit and within 2 minutes she was doing a poo!! I'm sooooo proud! Hopefully this is the end of our troubles. I'm going to give the alcohol thing a go where she was messing and I think I'm going to have to get a covered litter tray in a couple of days because they are spraying this litter everywhere. Its the clumping type and very fine so its making quite a mess! I've also noticed them both eating a bit of this, is this anything to worry about?

Ela:

--- Quote ---Dont keep your trays spotless
--- End quote ---

Oops I always keep mine spotless and some  of the cats won't go in a tray that has been used just once.  although I know cats are so different

Millys Mum:
Dont keep your trays spotless,the smell will help her learn where to go! When she goes to the loo next, put the poo into the tray and show her.
Did the breeder/rescue tell you what litter they used?

I would use a dog cage to re-train her if she doesnt learn how soon.
My foster kits spent their first few weeks with mum in a cage and at 3 1/2 weeks they just taught themselves, voila!

Ela:
Try one covered litter tray and one uncovered. experiment with different types of litter, I find when all else fails the Danish Pink and Corn litter usually works.

Has the little one had a vet check to ensure all is well.

Wipe everywhere the little one has messed with a spirit, whiskey, gin brandy rum or of that is too painful surgical spirit.Then when dry perhaps sprinkle a little dried food where she has messed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version