Author Topic: Non payment cat tents NAME & SHAME  (Read 43311 times)

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
Re: Non payment cat tents NAME & SHAME
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2007, 13:30:20 PM »
 :hug: I think its great how everyone pulls together, now that friends albeit some of us have never met. :rofl:  It come back to trust doesn't it.  :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2007, 13:24:53 PM »
I've been on another planet too - knew Lesley's cage was missing and put a few bob in the pot, but didn't realise about all of this.  How disgusting.

It's possible to try a small claims action to recover the money but I wouldn't rate the prospects of doing it successfully without wasting more money on this individual than she's worth.  Think it's worth reporting it to the police though, and alerting the community centre to the fact he/she appears to have been using their services for a little more than the community at large and more for his/her own gain.  Doesn't seem like she had much difficulty picking up on how to scam people.

Mind you, if you do have a valid address for her, it's possible to find out whether she owns her own home by carrying out a search at the land registry (which I could do if we know it).  If she did, there's be a better chance of isusing proceedings, getting a Judgment and then taking enforcement action by way of a Charge over her house.  Only thing is, like I say, it costs more in terms of fees paid to the court than you'd likely recover.

It's sick that people like that exist.  

Am happy to make an extra donation at the end of the month to help out with reimbursing for the tents.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2007, 13:24:03 PM »
agree'd Mark but we probably need to be relistic here  :-:

although personally i would be all for sending the heavy's in  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2007, 13:14:27 PM »
Exactly, Angie!  ;)

My hubby's transport crew, according to their gaffer, was recruited by leaving lumps of raw meat at the foot of the mountains. They are caring, gentle folks always willing to help property get back to animal charities.  :Luv:

It would be great if the basket could be recovered and the money raised went to needy cats rather than subsidising some lazy, lying selfish piece of scum. I'm sure Lesley would rather spend the cash on food, meds and kitten milk etc than replacing a stolen cage.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 13:15:25 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2007, 13:12:54 PM »
how weird that the ip's were from a community centre, does that mean she wasnt at home all day then ?

Anyway Angie I'm nae sure if thats weegies or just scottish in general  :evillaugh:

I would say the people who run the centre (government backed) would have something to say about that.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2007, 13:12:08 PM »
Exactly, Angie!  ;)

My hubby's transport crew, according to their gaffer, was recruited by leaving lumps of raw meat at the foot of the mountains. They are caring, gentle folks always willing to help property get back to animal charities.  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2007, 13:11:26 PM »
its portsmouth pinkbear.

I think the staying with relatives in Kent thing was just another fabrication.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2007, 13:09:47 PM »
how weird that the ip's were from a community centre, does that mean she wasnt at home all day then ?

Anyway Angie I'm nae sure if thats weegies or just scottish in general  :evillaugh:

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2007, 13:07:54 PM »
Only just caught up with this, how awful for you Sue.  :(

When i get chance to do my donation to the fund i'll throw a few extra pennies in  ;)

Am shocked that people would do this, stealing from people's good nature and charity? Despicable. No different from walking into a shop and stealing a charity collection box in my opinion.

Hope the Police can shed some light on it anyway  :hug:

ems
xxxx

• Super Cat
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2007, 13:01:41 PM »
I follow this sage off and on...  :Crazy:

But if anyone knows the whereabouts of this person, if they really are in London/Kent, PM me the address and I shall arrange a pick up.  ;) Hubby can lay his hands on about 30 Glaswegian truckies who are ardent puddy fans, and travel around a lot, and will gladly assist this person in getting your cage back to you.

:rofl: :rofl:What do you mean about Glaswegian truckies,  we Glaswegians are a very sensitive and loving bunch, we can not abide violence in any shape or form (I right) :rofl: :rofl:

and thats just the woman (only kiddin ladies)
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2007, 13:01:28 PM »
Yeap i can confirm all 4 accounts known to us have been banned with all info incl IP address's and individual host numbers.  We have now resorted back to member approval before a new account is activated so we can check all new members.  However, it would really help us if you could all keep an eye out too cause as said below it is possible to open a new ISP account with no trace to any old adresses.  I can confirm that three of the accounts where from The Portsmouth Adult & learning community center.

It's appauling that one person can be so dishonest and want to hurt trustworthy and honest people. I hate dishonesty and like all of you, don't want it in our wonderful community.  It is esp important to be able to trust people for pledged donations and funds because of our main goal on Purrs fundraing projects for cat rescue. It is always better to go through the Purrs account if you need to collect any money from members. It is under control, safe way to pay and the money will go to where it is intended.  Purrs does have to do annual accounts and submit these to the Revenue and a record of all monies received do go through these accounts.  (lucky i'm an accountant hey  ;) ;D ) Purrs runs as a non profit organization where 100% of any profit made goes to Cat rescue. We can deal with third party collection for a valid reason and i can set up a sep paypal account for this if needed.

We have found a bug in our members and i hope never to again so if we all keep an eye and report anything you think caould be another "bug", please let me or any of the mods know.

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: so much to all of you wonderful peeps.

I def agree that if we include Sue's £48 in with the fund we are raising for Les that would be brill if all of you are happy for doing that.  :Luv:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2007, 13:01:08 PM »
its portsmouth pinkbear.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2007, 12:54:54 PM »
I follow this sage off and on...  :Crazy:

But if anyone knows the whereabouts of this person, if they really are in London/Kent, PM me the address and I shall arrange a pick up.  ;) Hubby can lay his hands on about 30 Glaswegian truckies who are ardent puddy fans, and travel around a lot, and will gladly assist this person in getting your cage back to you.  :wow:  ;)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2007, 12:50:11 PM »
lets see how much we get in and see if that can get a decent cage for lesley and atleast abit of the money if not all  back to purrlishous.

I wonder if it would do any good for Tan contacting the police aswell ?

• Super Cat
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2007, 12:48:00 PM »
I told Sue I would like the money taken from the cage fund to refund her, if that is alright with everyone - I don't see why I should get help and she does not, we were both taken in by a conwoman.

I totally agree, why would you treat someone and abuse their trust like this, I hope any new members don't think we all behave in this manner, I think the majority of us treat each other with respect.

I am willing to chuck a couple of quid into another pot for the money to be recovered, I do realise we dont want to think that this is turning into an unpaid accounts (by others) and the rest of us pick up the bill, but you know what I mean, anyway we don't know what else will be uncovered do we, but I know we will help in anyway possible.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

ccmacey

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2007, 12:44:24 PM »
No actually Dawn I have been in outer space lol

Les, is there no way to get it back, I suppose you have contacted the police? How shocking!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2007, 12:41:48 PM »
Les what happened with the cage? I miss everything

Don't even go there. ;D
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2007, 12:41:41 PM »
Hopefully this then... :donate:

:shy:
I wont mention anymore about it but I think the main reason these threads keep turning into a conversation about "she who was banned" is because threads are deleted so people are left a bit confused/feel like they are missing something.  :-:

If I see any suspicious postings I wont reply either, but report - like what Lynn said  ;D
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2007, 12:41:16 PM »
I would be happy with that.

Me too
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2007, 12:40:59 PM »
Where have you been CC - outer space  :rofl:.  Lisa/Crazycatz/Mike/Donna/Rhea/Pinknfluffy borrowed my cage for her cats when she had the decorators in, then mysteriously fell ill and went to Kent, leaving my cage behind and now lives in a big house in London and cannot return my cage to me!!!!
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2007, 12:39:45 PM »

CC Under theGeneral Cat Chat section there is a Sticky Topic detailing all. You may want to read that while you have your feet up (which you should do since you only have 4 weeks to go!). It will all become clear.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:41:19 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2007, 12:39:19 PM »
Lynn, her name to post out to was Rhea Wheatherawl but on her e-mail tag it was Donna ~ but she has used the names of Lisa & Mike on the forum.

What a mess!

:Crazy: this girl is nuts.

No I don't think she is nuts .... devious, manipulative, coniving, nasty and mean maybe ... but not Nuts.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2007, 12:38:09 PM »
I would be happy with that.

ccmacey

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2007, 12:37:52 PM »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2007, 12:37:44 PM »
That's really kind of you Lesley and I am sure if we have enough we can at the very least help both.

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2007, 12:36:50 PM »
I told Sue I would like the money taken from the cage fund to refund her, if that is alright with everyone - I don't see why I should get help and she does not, we were both taken in by a conwoman.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2007, 12:35:30 PM »
Keep em rolling in then!  :cheer:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2007, 12:34:28 PM »
Maybe if there is surplus funds for Lesley's cage we could use that, Ruth?

I am not saying we should take away from the cage fund but maybe we might get more than needed  ;D

To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2007, 12:32:36 PM »
So how many other user names has she got that we dont know about? Surely her IP address has been banned not just a warning given? Could we have conformation of this so we feel a little more secure?

Tan can confirm this, however, from what I am aware all accounts have been banned and IP addresses blocked, however, peeps this does not prevent someone finding another way on. All they need is to go to an internet cafe and do this. Just be vigilant and report via PM to Tan/Gill or one of the mods if you suspect anything.  As Lynn says, don't challenge them publicly, we don't want unpleasantness on Purrs, we've had enough of that recently.

Let's see if there is anything we as a group can do to help Sue, we don't need to specualte as to who this person is, we now know who it is and we know how shamefully they have behaved. Let's not go the direction of other threads though, because you know in the end they'll have to be locked if it gets out of hand and this is certainly one area I, as a member, not a mod, do not want locked down.

I for one find it shocking that our members have been abused this way. 

I think going forward if any of our members wants to be as generous as Sue was, lets go via our Paypal account on Purrs and get payment from all members before shipping items. Its guaranteed you will get your money that way. Horrible that our trust has been abused. >:(

ccmacey

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2007, 12:29:10 PM »
She could even be using a comp in the library

Lisa, if your looking- what went wrong?

OMG!!!!!!!! I have just realised what I have done, I have told this person some personal things about myself how f*****g daft have I been!

not that it was bad, I'd admit to anyone it was just personal to me  :-[
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:33:28 PM by ccmacey »

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2007, 12:28:51 PM »
however any suspicious members/posts then i think pm'ing a mod directly will probably be best rather than any public challenge.

This would be best as a public challenge is the very thing they are after, unfortunately trolls exist on all forums but if you ignore them then they will wander off again
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2007, 12:25:39 PM »
Oh dear what a mess 1 person can cause.  I think someone mentioned confirmation of this so be can be more secure, yes i do feel all members probably need to be kept in the "light" of whats happened/happening for that very reason.  Probably the reason for the insecurity is because of the number of false identitys (wonder if theres more we dont know about) and also its highly likely this troll will make an attempt to get back into this forum as trouble is her very nature.

I feel sorry for Tan especially as this is her forum and also the mods on this one as for the foreseeable few months vigelence is going to be key..however any suspicious members/posts then i think pm'ing a mod directly will probably be best rather than any public challenge.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2007, 12:21:56 PM »

With the tracing technology, anyone who posts on a forum like this can be tracked down these days.

IP address can be logged yes but as no proof is needed for pay as you go dialup connection accounts then these are effectively untraceable, except at great expense

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2007, 12:21:47 PM »
not the same person ela, surely

I would not like to speculate but along with others the membership has been closed I think.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2007, 12:21:17 PM »
I do too as I come on at home, in work and at friends houses etc..
I think now we are all a bit more aware though we would spot one of her posts a mile off

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2007, 12:18:35 PM »
next to impossible to ban an ip address as you can change them pretty much at will, you can ban ip address ranges but that would effectively block everyone with a certain provider, also if they are using a dial up connection they could just change providers anyway.

As mods can testify I use multiple ip addresses

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2007, 12:17:51 PM »
How disappointing that people behave like this :(

Presumably the IP address from postings have been logged so these can be provided to the police and small claims court if necessary.  With the tracing technology, anyone who posts on a forum like this can be tracked down these days.  Good luck and I hope it gets solved swiftly.   

ccmacey

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2007, 12:14:07 PM »
So how many other user names has she got that we dont know about? Surely her IP address has been banned not just a warning given? Could we have conformation of this so we feel a little more secure?

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »
How despicable.  I hope this 'person' can be prosecuted.  It makes me  :sick:
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2007, 12:13:07 PM »
How did all of this come about in the end? (ban etc?)

I think I missed something at the weekend?  ;)

Shame the network cancelled my favourite soap eh?  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat