Author Topic: Meet Rosie  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: Meet Rosie
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2023, 18:01:20 PM »
How's Rosie doing?  Has she ventured toward the backdoor again or is that still a no go zone  :rofl:

Slowly getting there  :briggin: She has now adopted a routine of going out "through the cat flap" for 1-2 hours a day, not venturing far, think she hides in the hedging or under one of the sheds, she's also spending more time downstairs, still doesn't like the dog even tho he basically ignores her now  :rofl:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2023, 13:32:38 PM »
How's Rosie doing?  Has she ventured toward the backdoor again or is that still a no go zone  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2023, 22:47:08 PM »
Poor Rosie, but I did chuckle at your first solution was to get a bigger dog!
:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Oh Stuart, poor Rosie :care:, but it is the down-side of taking on cats with unknown histories.  I have to say that when I was looking for a fourth cat I would not have considered a second female as Eleanor is out of the Bella mould of gobby brazenness :naughty:.  The boys mostly stay out of her way :scared:.

I’m sorry I don’t have any practical advice (although I do have a cat-proof garden :shify:).

I am seeing that she has a bit of cattitude towards Bella too, so it seems pretty mutual  :-: and yes, Boys are easier  :rofl:

Stuart, I'm so glad that you are a cat slave again. Rosie looks utterly gorgeous  :Luv:

Aye, she is rare like  :Luv:

« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 22:47:52 PM by Stuart »

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2023, 21:45:57 PM »
Stuart, I'm so glad that you are a cat slave again. Rosie looks utterly gorgeous  :Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2023, 20:14:00 PM »
Poor Rosie, but I did chuckle at your first solution was to get a bigger dog!
Please spay your cat

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2023, 18:53:24 PM »
Oh Stuart, poor Rosie :care:, but it is the down-side of taking on cats with unknown histories.  I have to say that when I was looking for a fourth cat I would not have considered a second female as Eleanor is out of the Bella mould of gobby brazenness :naughty:.  The boys mostly stay out of her way :scared:.

I’m sorry I don’t have any practical advice (although I do have a cat-proof garden :shify:).

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2023, 12:09:29 PM »
OMG how did I miss this amazing piece of news.  I'm so pleased you have a new feline  :Luv2:   Rosie is gorgeous and clearly looks like she has settled in well.

Thanks, Sam  ;D Aye, Rosie is just in the process of learning Rocky her body language and boundaries  >:( :evillaugh:
funnily enough for a dog, he's a quick learner  :rofl:

Dogs do tend to learn very quickly usually it only takes one hiss and a paw swipe and the dog knows who's in charge lol.  Yoda had it sussed within about an hour  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Sam  :briggin:

In other news, I've now discovered that not only did the previous slaves who took Rosie to the vet to be PTS because she meowed, not only lied about the meowing, but also lied about her being an outdoor cat, I've been here before when We got Olivia, her life had previously been confined to an outside shed, and she was very new to going outside, I am seeing the same reactions with Rosie except she is more frightened, what is also making matters worse is next door neighbours Cat Bella, My own fault for feeding her dreamies, but I had Rosie sitting on the doorstep taking all the sights sounds and smells in when Bella appeared, Rosie hissed at her and Bella ran 20ft to confront her, Rosie ran all the way back up the stairs to my bedroom :scared: I did get her back down but she stayed away from the back door, Hate it that Bella is being quite aggressive, Hell, even our dog is scared of Bella, she's quite brazen  >:(

May have to look at getting a bigger dog or making the garden 100% cat proof  :doh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2023, 13:37:31 PM »
OMG how did I miss this amazing piece of news.  I'm so pleased you have a new feline  :Luv2:   Rosie is gorgeous and clearly looks like she has settled in well.

Thanks, Sam  ;D Aye, Rosie is just in the process of learning Rocky her body language and boundaries  >:( :evillaugh:

Dogs do tend to learn very quickly usually it only takes one hiss and a paw swipe and the dog knows who's in charge lol.  Yoda had it sussed within about an hour  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2023, 12:58:35 PM »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2023, 12:27:21 PM »

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2023, 19:47:56 PM »
Thanks, Guys, she's jist a wee doll but still settling in, she's preferring to stay upstairs in my bedroom and sleeps with me all night ;D Rocky the little butter barks at her loudly and chases her, she's still not clicked on if she stood her ground, he'd run away  :scared: I'm sure that will change once she's fully settled in  :shify: :evillaugh:

Got her booked in for a chip next Wednesday.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 19:49:37 PM by Stuart »

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2023, 19:26:11 PM »
I wasn't even looking, it just happened  :shocked: :Luv:
It's a mystery of the universe that a cat will find you, even when you didn't realise you needed to be found ;).

She is gorgeous Stuart and obviously happy to be with you (and the dog :shify:). 

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 20:14:31 PM »
Aww, well done on stepping in and giving her a home Stuart

Best way to 'acquire' a cat in my opinion!
Please spay your cat

Offline dawnf

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: star, willow
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2023, 13:42:59 PM »
oh that's lovely Stuart, she looks adorable too!!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2023, 20:46:46 PM »
Sometimes not looking is the best way, welcome Rosie she is gorgeous, the dog will soon learn who is in charge - all ours did  :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 20:14:02 PM »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 19:55:25 PM »
Please spay your cat

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
Meet Rosie
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 18:13:04 PM »
So, well over 4 years of not being a Cat dad, this happened today  :Luv:

I got a message from one of my friends who informed me that she had been told about a cat that the owners had taken to the vet's to be PTS
why? Because she meowed at night  :-:

I got in touch with the vet and she pressed the owners and finally got the truth out of them (we think) the reason for having Rosie PTS was that there is an elderly woman in the family and they were frightened that she may trip on the cat...

Rosie is 7/8 years old and has now came to stay at ours, soooo very laid back and trusting, she's already let me give her a belly rub  :Luv2:
tho our dog Rocky isn't overly pleased with the situation, think it's mainly jealousy  :P :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat