Author Topic: Glad Willow has a healthy fear of the main road at the front  (Read 971 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Glad Willow has a healthy fear of the main road at the front
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 22:36:47 PM »
Dennis used to live in a side street in a terrace. Williow and Clapton used to make a game out of getting out the front and running past the house next down and round the back again  :evillaugh:

It's quite a busy road here with buses and lorries going through all the time. It's meant to be a 20mph zone but cars whizz through  >:(

Edit - I was trying to find a pic and found one that just misses our house by one. You can see the vets on the far left. I was surprised to find that the book shop a few door from us was Radio Sutch in the 60's run by screaming lord Sutch - funny for an obscure (then) little fishing town  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 22:45:15 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 21:31:21 PM »
Good girl Willow, don't follow that naughty daddy out there again.  :hug: :Luv2:

Mary and Bonnie
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 21:11:19 PM »
Good kitty!

Whenever we see Jameson coming round the front (which, admittedly he rarely does) we make a big scene out of it to scare him to the back again. He is very wary of the road anyway, having being run over as a kitten. I have seen him cross the road at night-time, which gave me a heart attack, but where I live the road is way less busy in evenings than day-time so if he must cross the road I would rather he did it at night.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Glad Willow has a healthy fear of the main road at the front
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 20:57:18 PM »
I was putting the recycling out tonight. Our alley is locked so I have to unlock the padlock etc to get the bags. When I got back to the front door, Willow was outside with her nose into the corner of the door where it opens. She screeched at me to get in the house  :evillaugh:

I really didn't see her get out but glad that she realises it's not a good place for kitties  :scared:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 20:57:40 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat