Author Topic: Check out Princess all white female who is blind & deaf.. Link via catchat..  (Read 3685 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Hi Hippy,

Yes I would, we've just had our first four litters in all in a week, but some rescues I know it's still slow. I'd still recommend as we can keep details on file for when litters come in!

Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Slightly off subject adel,  but people keep ringing me wanting young kittens. Can I start referring them to local cat rescues? I hadn't been bothering when they asked for young kittens, as I know there has been a 'shortage' of them. (Why don't people realise that older cats are best ? :Luv: )
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Well just heard back from the girl who I thought Princess might be good for, but she has a large house with four flights of stairs which she thought might be too much for an older, blind cat! Good news is that she's offered to maybe do fostering for us, and now that the kittens are pouring in, fingers crossed she can take some!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
Maybe she is especially anti other cat but it would be nice for her to be given the benefit of the doubt and it is often easier to find homes for cats with disabilities with people who have other cats or cat and a cat with disabilities really needs to go to someone who has cat owning experience.
In my opinion too many rescues condem cats to a lonely life.
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Just cos she is blind & deaf doesnt neccessarily mean she wants a companion. If my milly went blind she certainly wouldnt appreciate having a "friend"!  :scared:

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
Sorry we both typed that at the same time :-:
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
If you go to the link at bottom of this post and click on it then scroll down CatChat pics on that page till you get to her you will see it's written in brackets after it says relaxed household :-: ;D
Valerie and all my pets

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
My sincere apologies - I just had another look and instead of clicking on the Wigan link at the top of the page where it has the blurb I already posted (as does the cat protection site) this time I scrolled down into the top cat section and there was a different blurb as follows

"Hello, my name is Princess. I am a very beautiful and loving, white longhaired female. I am about 10 years old, so I have still plenty of life left in me! I was brought into the rescue after straying for 2 weeks. This certainly wasn't ideal for me, as with a lot of white cats, I am deaf. Unfortunately, for me, I am blind as well. However, this does not affect me getting around and I have no problem eating! I will need to be a house cat in a relaxed household though (no other pets or children) with someone there most of the day to give me plenty of love and attention. I have been so unfortunate with life, I feel that I at least deserve a loving, comfy home, so please home me!"

Apologies I didn't notice this one - seems she has two different listings bless.

Well in that case I totally agree - whilst I haven't ever had a blind cat, those that I have came accross have always been with compnaion cats. My wee man Oscar is partially blind and certainly gets helped a lot from Edgar.

Young children running about I appreciate would be a problem but whats to say Princess would not thrive alongside a laid back older puss!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:17:19 AM by caledonia »
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
The Catchat post says 'No other pets or children' so i take that to mean no other cats too.
I have looked after a blind and semi paralysed cat for the Animal Welfare Trust and with supervision he enjoyed the company of other cats.

Sorry I must be totally blind (no punintended  :Crazy:) - I have looked at the cat chat link and the actualy cat protection website which both have the same blurb

"White Female 10 yrs old.
Princess is a very beautiful and loving longhaired female cat. She is about 10yrs old and is up for rehoming after being a stray for 2 weeks. Sadly Princess is deaf and blind but this does not stop her getting around and eating ok. She will have to be a house cat and she would be better suited to a quiet household with someone there most of the day to give her plenty of love and attention. PLEASE can someone give this regal cat a loving home for the remander of her years.PRINCESS COMES UNDER THE GOLDEN OLDIE SCHEME PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS. Tel: Jackie 01942 791603
or email Lisa on: mpdlisa@hotmail.co.uk Thank you for looking at me "Meow" from Princess. x

More Cats needing a home..."

So apologies if I am being totally dumb but unless there is another cat chat post in their forum I have not saw then I still can't see where is says no kids or other cats -  Sorry!!

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
The Catchat post says 'No other pets or children' so i take that to mean no other cats too.
I have looked after a blind and semi paralysed cat for the Animal Welfare Trust and with supervision he enjoyed the company of other cats.
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
One of my mum's biggest issue is she said she didn't dare buy or move any furniture for 12 years in case Sukie walked into it  :Crazy: - it also meant no holidays. She was pampered  :Luv2: She was allowed in the garden supervised. She was brushed for an hour every night by my mum (she was part persian) and then over to my dad for scratching - he wasn't allowed to stop all evening as he would be told off  :evillaugh:

When I visited, she would go flying upstairs and on to my old bed and wait for me (she slept on my pillow when she was a kitten  :Luv2: ) She went blind at 6months  :'(
She had weight issues as she didn't get enough exercise. She ended up with arthritis - my mum spent a fortune on treatment but she was in too much pain  :'( She was PTS in my mum's arms  :'( - she still cries when she speaks about it, even though it was about 6 or 7 years ago  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
No, it's not mean at all, it was more the children who are 6 and 10 who I thought may be an issue especially if they have friends round and are rushing around! I've e-mailed the other girl to see if she would consider her and then I guess i'd have to see if Wigan would re-home to Leeds.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Oh, I shouldn't have looked!

I would really like to take her in, but don't know how katie would react. I live in a 1 bed flat, so there's not a lot of territory to share (although Katie can go outside, whereas, I'd keep Princess inside).

Hmmm... would they re-home to Leeds do you think?

Having said that i've had a couple of call recently about older cats and not been able to help as we've not really got anything suitable. There was a wheelchari bound lady wanting a lazy indoor cat, but had two young (ish) children and then there was a girl in a back to back looking for an older cat.... maybe i'll e-mail her and see what she says...

I just wonder if a wheelchairbound lady would be good for a deaf/blind cat as they need extra stimulation? - Also my mum was always diving around to keep her blind cat out of mischief. I hope that doean't sound mean.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
Ohhhh they sound like a couple of possibiles!! She really is lovely!!

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Oh, I shouldn't have looked!

I would really like to take her in, but don't know how katie would react. I live in a 1 bed flat, so there's not a lot of territory to share (although Katie can go outside, whereas, I'd keep Princess inside).

Hmmm... would they re-home to Leeds do you think?

Having said that i've had a couple of call recently about older cats and not been able to help as we've not really got anything suitable. There was a wheelchari bound lady wanting a lazy indoor cat, but had two young (ish) children and then there was a girl in a back to back looking for an older cat.... maybe i'll e-mail her and see what she says...

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Maybe she just doesnt like other cats!  :shy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
I agree - as if it isn't difficult ebnough to rehome as it is. Being white is her only + but not many angels ready to take on such a commitment. I agree with tagalong, If she could be paired with a laid back "mother hen" type cat, how comforting it would be for her to snuggle up at night  :Luv2:

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
Unless thier is another link from catchat I can't see they are not requesting that Princess be an only cat, just that she goes to a quiet home.

I think tagalong meant it would be better that Princess had a companion now or a companion she was homed with rather than potentially being a lone cat. Or maybe I am wrong and I have failed to notice she needs to be lone cat - if so apologies!!

My old gents are very gentle boys and would probably love her - well no rephrase - I would love her  :rofl: and they would wonder why meowmy had another fur babe!! lol!!

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Its going to be hard to find someone who loves cats, is willing to take on an older cat that is blind and deaf AND has no other animals. I wonder why they assume she has to be an only pet?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
Sorry but i just don't understand rescue organisations sometimes . If this poor girlie is deaf and blind then she would benefit from another cat's company as a companion and as ears and eyes.
Yes it would need to be a gentle easy going companion but humans are not cats neither do we have the same developed senses to be able to keep a cat like this company in the true sense of the word.
Then there is the policy of rehoming in the area when if a suitable home for such a disabled cat is offered then surely there are ways of doing home checks ie vet references etc and transport can be arranged somehow.
Let's hope she is llucky enough to have a potential home near enough but it doesn't look this way does it ?
Poor girly.
Valerie and all my pets

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
Oh wow - she just looks lovely and what a little angel!!! Seriously cats become an addiction because I would just adopt them all!!!! :shocked: :shocked:

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
I have seen this on Catchat for a while. Princess in in Wigan and is blind and deaf.. Pls think of her if you want to rehome a lovely senior puss cat who needs a break in life...

Check out the link! I think she is in Wigan Greater Manchester and with a CP branch.!

http://www.catchat.org/topcats/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=48&MMN_position=41:41
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 22:52:11 PM by canterbury_cats »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat