Author Topic: Sleepless night  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
Re: Sleepless night
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 15:33:47 PM »
Had a sleep and feel a bit better. I cannot function the next day if I don't have at least 8 hours sleep, seriously, if I'm sitting still for any amount of time my eyes start to close  :rofl:

Has anyone else had this kind of episode? Needless to say he's sound asleep beside me just now  :tired:

The last few nights I had to kick him out of the bedroom after a few hours of that type of behaviour but I don't think it's really fair on Lucas as he doesn't do anything.  I always feel guilty in the morning too  :(  Cats eh, who'd have 'em!

Helen, I thought about doing that last night, but Tilly was being such a wee angel, and I couldn't put one out and not the others etc..

could have been worse..atleast you didnt have to pace the floor and listen to screaming crying at 100 decibels all night  ;)

Makes me feel a bit better Lynn  :rofl:

Hopefully tonight he'll be better, I'm going to do some major playing later on, try and exhaust him  :evillaugh:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 11:30:59 AM »
Yep I've had that with Hobbes too, his favourite time is around 3am - 4am, most times he'll just come for cuddles and then go back to sleep but on quite a few occasions he's had his mad runs round the house - sounds like a herd of elephants  :rofl:  :rofl: and he leaps on poor Dylan from a great height too when the poor lad is fast asleep so he gets woken up too. I say to my friends that having a kitten is a bit like having a baby in that you get lots of nights of broken sleep  :rofl:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 11:20:04 AM »
could have been worse..atleast you didnt have to pace the floor and listen to screaming crying at 100 decibels all night  ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm so happy cody is fine with sleeping in the kitchen all night  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 10:59:01 AM »
Has anyone else had this kind of episode? Needless to say he's sound asleep beside me just now  :tired:

Yep, most nights!  Lukey is an angel, he has a purry cuddle on the bed just after the lights go out then that's it - he sleeps right through good as gold...  Riley on the other hand, well just see this thread!  http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=4996.0

I once saw a programme called Tiny Tearaways where when the child gets up in the night and goes to the parents room they have to pick the child up put it back in bed and leave the room without saying anything and repeat this over and over again.  I tried this tactic on Riley last night, 67 times (no exaggeration!) in a row he tried to launch himself at my face - each time I picked him up, laid him down at the end of the bed, said good boy and laid back down myself.  He finally got the message around 03:30 am :tired:

The last few nights I had to kick him out of the bedroom after a few hours of that type of behaviour but I don't think it's really fair on Lucas as he doesn't do anything.  I always feel guilty in the morning too  :(  Cats eh, who'd have 'em!

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 09:10:31 AM »

Now all you need to do is go and wake Charlie up every 1/2 hour, see how he likes it  :evillaugh:, maybe he won't do it again!

:rofl: :rofl:  He'd probably be ready and raring to go!

Don't say that, I'm terrified to move now incase he wakes up  :doh: :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 09:02:08 AM »
Aw - poor you  :hug: I've had many a night like that with Mosi (and have rung in to take the day off work many times too).

Now all you need to do is go and wake Charlie up every 1/2 hour, see how he likes it  :evillaugh:, maybe he won't do it again!

:rofl: :rofl:  He'd probably be ready and raring to go!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 08:58:40 AM »
Its amazing what these puds will do to make sure we spend the day with them  :sneaky:

Sorry to hear you've had such a rubbish night, hope you can catch up on some sleep during the day. 

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Super Cat
Sleepless night
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:54:40 AM »
I've taken the day off today bc I had the most awful, brokien sleep ever  :'(

For some reason around 2am, Charlie followed me to the toilet and since then, he wouldn't go back to sleep..

BUT - He didn't just sit in the living room or anything, he RAN around the house at top speed, jumping on everything and anything, including my head several times. You know that way when they're running about, but it sounds like they're tearing the carpet up? It was that  :tired:

So as well as the running about, he was playing with his favourite mouse, but kept bringing it on top of the bed then scratching at it as if to "bury" it underneath the covers, then when I'd throw it away, he'd bring it back  and do the exact same :'(

Any limbs that were hanging out got wee bites, my hair got trampled on all night and at one point he tried to bite my forehead. He was also making his wee hyper noise which is like a high pitched "eee ee eeee eee eeee" most of the time. I dread to think what the neighbours thinks going on.

Usually at night he sleeps on the bed with us and sleeps right through except getting up to go to the toilet with me, then he comes back to bed, has a finger suck for a while ten falls back asleep. I tried finger sucks during the night too, but instead I got bites  :doh: (Not painful bites - just the wee test ones, he's never actually done a real bite.) I thought he'd maybe not slept much during the day, but you'd think that after an hour or two he'd fall back asleep?

Link to CatChat