Author Topic: Unstoppable....  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: Unstoppable....
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 16:51:51 PM »
Cos they're just all so fabulous how could we resist  :Luv:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 16:24:57 PM »
That's it exactly, isn't it - we ALL love our cats!  We just can't resist any attention they show us, whatever the motive.  How did we ever get so captivated....?    :ahh:

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 23:47:32 PM »
How did the urban myth of cats being "easy" ever come about.....? 
Sometimes, at 5am when Dinah has woken us up "mmmrrp" ing, sprinkling cat litter from between her toes on to our pillows, hooking her claws up our nostrils and forcing us to move around so she can sleep on my arm, hubby and I lie in bed saying "I looove cats.  No, I mean it, I really, I really, really love cats.  They're clean, restful, and relaxing..." :evillaugh:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 21:41:44 PM »
Oh Helen I know exactly what you are going through  :rofl: :rofl:

Guinness is a real fusspot and sleeps on MY side of the bed and tries to snuggle under the duvet  :tired: Widget sleeps with Mupps and Rascal on my daughter's bed as she has more room  :rofl:

However Pete works till 2-3am most nights so they ALL sleep in my bed till he gets home then three move to Susan's room  :evillaugh:

Funny thing is I usually end up with a tiny bit of bed and they have the rest between them  :rofl: would I change it .... NEVER!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline fluffycloud123

• Distinguished Cat
  • monkey and jaspers mummy xx
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 21:39:07 PM »
my night usually goes a little something like this....

10pm go to bed.

12am monkey jumps up to be let in

4 - 4.30am jasper has a mad half hour and chases monkey i get up and shut the bedroom door on them where they will proceed for about half an hour of meowing to be let back into the bedroom

5am i get up and put monkey outside with a slice of ham and lock jasper in the front room

7am lee gets up and has a shower, gets ready for work and lets both back in and feeds them both

8am both come and wake me by chasing each other all over the bed, i say a few naughty words and get up

honestly its like that every single night and morning like clockwork could actually set your watch by them both. lee will not get up during the night to sort them as "its your kitten you sort it out" :doh:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 20:54:44 PM »
Oh yes I recognise this so well  :rofl: at the moment Hobbes is going through a phase of leaping on Dylan just as he's got settled and then having a mad half hour up and down stairs etc at about 12.30 then he wakes up around 4am and insists on getting cuddles and pesters me until I give in after which he goes back to sleep and I'm wide awake  :rofl: Like others though I wouldn't swap him for anything cos he's my sweet little man  :Luv:

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 10:45:56 AM »
awwww helen lol

the only cat of mine that really gives me any problems at night is max

he wont leave me alone  >:(
he does this thing where he nearly suffocates me by laying on my face and putting his paws over my mouth  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:
id never shut the bedroom door at night though even though my oh wants too  :(
and id not swap max for the world either :Luv:
the rest of my cats dont bother me at night
but if im not up by 8 pickles will come and meow at me lol
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 10:05:52 AM »
Couldn't pinpoint when I last had a full nights sleep ..... Max regularly wakes me up a few times every night, and like clockwork will work his way round the bedroom scratching wardrobes and being naughty between 4-4.30 every morning.  Plus he sleeps where my feet need to be, so end up in all sorts of weird contortions and with a backache every day  :doh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 08:31:46 AM »
Lirael was a real terror when it came to nights when she was younger. She never settled down and always wanted to play.

Course she decided that we were cats as well and that she should sleep between us at night. Which is fine but she likes to wake up with the sun so right now at 4am we've got cats running around the house.

Penguin likes to meow (or muurr) at night, at my mom's he would stick his head in the toilet because it echo'd. Now he just walks around the bedroom doing it - which is cute but not at 2am.

Basically, I never get a night where I don't wake up at least twice ;)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 07:35:45 AM »
How did the urban myth of cats being "easy" ever come about.....?   :rofl:  Luckily, Pad likes his beauty sleep, so he's not generally active, but he also likes most of the bed which means I end up in some  very contorted sleeping positions to make sure he's not incommoded in any way.  Mind you, sometimes when he's been out, he comes up the stairs having a conversation with himself, and that can be very noisy.  OH pretends to be upset, but sometimes I can feel his shoulders shaking when he's trying not to laugh!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 05:28:29 AM »
Mine go hyper for hours after the laser pens put away.....maybe try another game?

I get woke up early too!  With the light mornings its getting earlier  :tired:

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 23:53:10 PM »
Mosi likes to lie in the same place - beside my face just where the pillow ends.  he always lies in the same position too on his left side with his body tucked under my chin.  Which was fine when he was little - he spent his first night here tucked under my chin - but he's now a lot bigger and doesn't fit under my chin.  And he takes up loads of room so I have to back off and lie in the middle of the bed (Jaffa lies the other side) so that there's room for him.  He makes me very hot too.  But he is nice and cuddly  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 23:51:20 PM »
The birmans are coming up to 14 but they are waking me up on and off all night, not cos they are bouncing around but cos they want all the bed and I keep being headbutted and head pushed. rubbed with furry heads, swished with tails, walked on and pushed with their feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 23:38:36 PM »
Erm .... Lexy is 4...still does it.

Helen prepare for no more solid sleep. :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 23:38:27 PM »
Oh, I know - Tiggy was a night terror aswell - she was almost 19 years old  :Crazy: 

I sort of decided that I wouldn't 'put up with it' from the boys, I think I'm going to have to do serious exercise sessions with them before bed as I can't cope with 19 years of this  :tired:  At least with Tiggy when I got under the duvet she couldn't get me under there, Riley is very persistant and has an obsession with being under the duvet and always wins  :innocent:

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 23:33:05 PM »
Will it dishearten you if I point out that Mosi still does that at 17 months?  :rofl:

Sorry!

But I'm the same - I wouldn't swap him for the world.  And he does have some good nights.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Unstoppable....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 23:30:45 PM »
I've been having 'issues' with Riley waking me up at silly 'o' clock in a frenzy, burrowing his head in the small gap created by my neck and the pillow then miaowing pitifully to be released, when I lift my head up he chases my head around the bed (under pillows and the duvet) trying to nuzzle me as I try desperately to get away from him and carry on sleeping, this can literally go on for hours.  Meanwhile Lucas sits there on the bed as good as gold so I can't shut Riley out of the bedroom as it wouldn't really be fair to shut him out aswell.

I always play with them before bed but normally quite gently with lots of tummy rubs and mouse throwing.  Tonight, I meant business and got the laser pen out for 20 minutes.  He was exhausted, out of breath and panting so I stopped...  60 seconds later he is up racing around doing back flips again - somehow I don't think I'm going to have a peaceful night  :innocent:  It's good to moan about but I wouldn't swap him for the world, he's my little prince - they both are  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Link to CatChat