Author Topic: HELP PLS! Where are your cat.....  (Read 1933 times)

ccmacey

Re: HELP PLS! Where are your cat.....
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 15:25:17 PM »
I keep all my cats in at night, I even wait up for them to come in which means me going to bed at stupid o'clock! Theres no point in going to bed not being able to sleep with worry.

I have a cat that likes to sleep all day and go out at night so I dont feed them before they go out.

If only we could give them a watch and say be in by so and so time.  :shy:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 14:45:41 PM »
A good way is to feed them the last meal when you get them in, its like a reward and also a cat with full belly will ignore your bedtime calls!  :sneaky:

Offline emzbubble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 21:47:29 PM »
~Thanks for all your replies, i def agree to keep him in at night as just keeps me up with worry! He is out at the mo but will get him in at ten and keep him in at nights and try to get into that routine. i will let him out more during the day when i'm off, (only work three days a week) so he is tired at night! Thanks for all your advice, its very much appreciated as i'm still a newbie to owning a kitty kat :) :) :) xxx

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 21:38:17 PM »
our 2 cats are mainly indoors (we're at work all day), we let them out for a couple of hours in the evening if the weather's good and all day at weekends and they sleep well at night apart from the waking up at about 4-5a.m. for a cuddle and stroke  :tired:

They're only young - not yet a year old - and there are a lot of urban and v brazen foxes around plus other big cats and I just wouldn't trust them out for too long, especially at night.  I don't trust the drivers round here either  >:(  I think it's a question of sticking to a routine you're comfortable with based on your knowledge of what the area is like.

Basically, I just like knowing where my furkids are  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 20:59:42 PM »
Zephyr is 6 years old and still whines at the back door every night at bedtime.  He is allowed out until 10:00 then he is in ... he jumps up and down and hollers but I just ignore him.  As soon as I go to bed he belts up the stairs and curls up in the airing cupboard and sleep all night until it's time for him to get up in the morning. 

I NEVER let them out all night ... far too dangerous I'm afraid.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 20:52:21 PM »
If you keep them in at night, and let them out during the day, they will gradually get used to being awake during the day, up to all sorts outside, tire themselves out and sleep all night!  When I was letting mine out at night they still came in by 11pm.  I've gone back to keeping them in at night as I heard that there's been a lot of foxes seen this year.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 20:46:46 PM »
yep , moomin crys to go out around 9pm but she refuses to use the litter tray so i let her out but always make sure shes in for 11pm luckily shes always come as soon as been called ( she gets a treat

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 20:09:17 PM »
It's normal for cats to want to go out, because they prefer to hunt at dusk or dawn, but, although mine often cry to be allowed outside, they soon settle down and either play or sleep.
I personally think that night-time is the most dangerous for cats, particularly in urban areas, even away from main roads, so keep them in, only letting them out in daylight.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 20:06:27 PM »
id defo keep him in at night
be firm with him and if he cries at the back door just ignore him he wont do it forever ;D

MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 20:03:07 PM »
Keep in!
If you start now then it becomes a firm rule or you end up with whining cat!

Cats are more likely to go missing at night/ involved in an RTA/stolen. Theres more fights at night in my area which would increase the chances of being bitten by a cat carrying fiv or other disease.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 20:02:38 PM »
cats out at night pose more serious dangers than cats out at daytime..some peeps argue that there is less traffic but dusk/dawn times esp is when they are less likely to be seen or more likely to be fixated on a rodent etc and not paying attention to the hazzards.

Offline emzbubble

• Adult Cat
HELP PLS! Where are your cat.....
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 19:56:04 PM »
at night?

Jakey wined at the back door after nights ago just before i went to bed to be let out, i let him out and then 30 mins later he was no where to be seen so i went to bed but couldn't sleep for worry. Well he was there at the door all purring and wanting cuddles in the morning and slept alot during the day. Then that evening he was at the door again wanting to go out...... Is it normal or even ok for a cat to be out at night? I live in a cul-de-sac and he has been netured so do "assume" he'll go far but i just wondered what your views are?????????????????????

Thanks xxxxxxxxx

Link to CatChat