Author Topic: cat odour  (Read 1318 times)

Offline coastalkitty

• Adult Cat
Re: cat odour
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 17:52:25 PM »
She has had a full MOT and no problems at all.  The vet felt it was probably due to where she came from, and that a quick wipe over wouldnt do her any harm. 

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 19:57:19 PM »
Something that can make a cat very whiffy is campylobacter, it has a distinct smell to it  :evillaugh:
Are her poo's smelly aswell?
She could just have wind from a diet change but as you have kids i would deffo get it checked out.

Offline coastalkitty

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 10:55:34 AM »
Thanks Ela, she is due for her vax tomorrow so I will ask then

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 10:47:52 AM »
I would take her to the vet for an MOT, we can all give advice as to what you could try but the vet needs to rule out any underlying cause.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 10:48:56 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline coastalkitty

• Adult Cat
cat odour
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:44:38 AM »
Hi,  my kitten really humms, its not like a normal cat smell, its cats pooey bum smell lol - Where she came from had lots of cats of all different ages, but I would assume that in itself would not mean she would be smelly, Ive had multiple dog fosters here in the past  and never were any wiffy at all, so numbers shouldnt equal uncleanliness.  I was hoping the smell would improve as she naturally groomed herself and being in a 'different' environment.   Im feeding her kitten food, I know she was being fed something else before, I dunno maybe she is detoxing? or can the high protein in kitten food cause body smells?    She is ultra clean with toileting in her tray , I dont see her grooming much really.  is there anything I can do to help?  The kids love cuddling her, but do  notice the smell, you sort of cant not notice it,  my eldest said last night 'ewwwwwwwwwwwww bum smell!'  lol -   any help and advice is most welcome  ;D

Link to CatChat