Author Topic: Which Cattery?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Which Cattery?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 18:25:21 PM »
You could try FAB list of catteries to see if there's one near you.

http://www.fabcats.org/fab_listed_catteries.html

But don't disregard any because they're not listed by FAB - you can still get good catteries that aren't.  Look at a lot and you will get a feel for the variation between them and for what is good and what's not.  FAB do a good guide re what to look for

http://www.fabcats.org/choosing_boarding_cattery.html

Trust your gut feeling and remember that the people are as important as the building.  Obviously you want a good cattery that's clean, well ventilated etc. but you also want to leave them with someone you trust and feel will look after them well.

It's good that you've started looking early.  Many people book for christmas a year in advance so you really do need to get in early as the best catteries get full up first!  I tend to book my boys in for xmas at their cattery Aug/Sept and usually they are getting pretty full up by then.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 17:50:03 PM »
Cool! I have seen a few on the internet that look really nice that dont take dogs. I dont really want to leave her! It Christmas!

Will ring the vet sometime next week to check on her records.
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 17:19:50 PM »
I cant reccomend one in your area but do go and look around several. I think id prefer a cat only one as you do get places that board dogs too.

She will need current vax's for flu and enteritis so do check on that.   ;D

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Which Cattery?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 16:50:17 PM »
Hi all

Can anyone reccommend a cattery in the Chester area for Menue? I am thinking ahead to Christmas time as I think I will have to leave her in one. My plans were to stay in Chester and my family come to me, but it looks like this may change and I shall have to go to them (as usual).

I am guessing she will also need to have up to date vaccinations? I think she is due some shortly, but will have to check with my Vet.

Thanks
Sarah xxx
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Link to CatChat