Author Topic: Been neglecting my duties...  (Read 2542 times)

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
Re: Been neglecting my duties...
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 18:32:04 PM »
If you think taking the cats might be too much, Monkey and his pal can come and live with me and the boys  ;D
Well, Poppy would probably be fine with it, she loves everything and everyone and is always happy.   :Luv: Monkey on the other hand... Well, he doesn't like being apart from me. He would probably howl. A lot.

well i have loads of port if that helps?  :rofl:
Well, port is my other drink of choice! Find the stuff absolutely lethal, though... So difficult to know when to stop.  :Crazy:

Hm, I'm thinking OH might be ok with Monkey relocating (he and Monkey are rivals), but I think he might want Poppy and me to stay around...  ;)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 18:18:32 PM »
Loads of chocolate in this house. Never a day without it.. Champagne.. well i have loads of port if that helps?  :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 18:17:55 PM »
If you think taking the cats might be too much, Monkey and his pal can come and live with me and the boys  ;D

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 18:09:36 PM »
Gorgeous. Will you come live with me pls and make all my clothes, bed clothes, cat stuff? Please pretty pleeeeease? The cats are optional but if you insist they can live with us too!  :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ok, sounds great! Although I should probably warn you that I need large quantities of chocolate and champagne...

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 16:25:39 PM »
Gorgeous. Will you come live with me pls and make all my clothes, bed clothes, cat stuff? Please pretty pleeeeease? The cats are optional but if you insist they can live with us too!  :rofl:

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 16:22:38 PM »
You could start up your own little business selling handmade cat beds to us lot!! It looks very comfy!!!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 15:28:22 PM »
Well, he is a real sweetie. I couldn't imagine being without him.  :Luv:

A pic of him having a snooze. And also a pic my OH took yesterday morning - Monkey got out of his bed to jump into bed with me and have a morning cuddle. As soon as he left, Poppy decided to try out the new bed.  :rofl:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 13:41:07 PM »
hahaha - Bless him!  that really made me smile :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 09:44:26 AM »
Gosh - making beds!  How clever are you!  ;D

Hope he likes his new bed as much as the old one.

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 09:31:01 AM »
Well done Monkey, you have your slave trained well  ;D

Haha, that's an understatement...  :-[

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 21:21:14 PM »
Well done Monkey, you have your slave trained well  ;D

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 20:09:10 PM »
Well, that's obviously his old bed...  The new one is made out of some nice green cord (my favourite fabric store have lots of left-over Paul Smith fabrics, fancy!), and is quite a bit bigger to allow for his teddy bear and his kitten blanket (knitted in baby alpaca & silk yarn - only the best is good enough for my babies!).

It's not very difficult to make something like this, the advantage is that you can choose nice fabrics. I find that the cat beds you find in the shops are often made out of quite horrid materials... I prefer something that blends in with the human furniture.  ;)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 19:55:36 PM »
That's a gorgeous bed he's got and it looks so professional!  ;D You;'re so clever to be able to make things yourself!
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 19:39:04 PM »
Update...

Well, after Monkey trying to make me feel guilty for ages (sqeezing into old kitten bed, then looking at me with puppy eyes), I finally got round to making him a new one. And as soon as I started, Monkey clearly knew what was going on...

I started by tracing the pattern pieces on paper - and Monkey got straight on the table and sat down on the circle that would be the base for the bed. (I had to carefully cut around him.) Then when I had stitched together the pieces for the lining and showed it to Monkey, he promptly got in it and settled down, even though it was more like a floppy sleeping bag than a bed. And then he stayed there, snoozing, until I was finished with the rest. Once I'd stitched the whole thing together and put it down on the floor, he got in straight away, settled and went back to sleep. I'm telling you - he knew I was making the bed for him. I don't care what people think... he knew.  ;)

Anyway, he loves his new bed, and for the past few days had spent most of his time there.  :Luv: He is such a sweetie, and knows just how to make his mummy happy.  :Luv:

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:11:02 AM »
i would be willing to bet once you have made the new bed he'll still sleep in the kitten one

Haha, of course he will!  :rofl: But I have a plan... to make the new bed more attractive, I will take the loose inner pad from the old bed and put it in the new one. And I'll also place his kitten blanket in it (he loves his pink knitted baby alpaca & silk blanket...)

Anyway, fingers crossed. But as we all know - you can't tell a cat where to sleep! They choose themselves. Which is why Poppy sleeps in our laundry basket... she loved it so much that I let her have it. (I now have an absolutely crap laundry basket to use - but Poppy's happiness is most important of all!)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:04:06 AM »
aw bless him LOL..i would be willing to bet once you have made the new bed he'll still sleep in the kitten one  :rofl:

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
Been neglecting my duties...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:15:33 AM »
I'm a very bad mummy. I've been meaning to make Monkey a new bed for AGES, but somehow haven't got round to it yet.  :-[ Meanwhile, although there are other places for him to sleep, Monkey continues to sleep in his little kitten bed. Well... he tries to, but he doesn't really fit in it anymore. Poor thing. The other day I walked past him, and he gave me this look (see below!), as if to say "When am I getting my big boy bed, mummy..?"  :(

Today I WILL find time to go and get some nice material and make a new bed.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat