Author Topic: I am banging my head against a brick wall  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: I am banging my head against a brick wall
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 09:59:21 AM »
And the sad part about all of this Dawn is you know those kitties pull on your heart-strings so as much as you could  :censored: the owners....you know the cats/dogs are your main concern  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 01:08:40 AM »
Do you think these peeps could be put off by the cost of spaying and think it's easier to let you foot the bill by homing their kittens for them!

The silly part about is, it's so much cheaper to have them spayed than to pay to rear a litter of kittens.  Whenever I talk to people about their cats whether it's in the vets or elsewhere, I always get onto the subject of whether or not theirs are "done".  If not, I always offer to get them done for them, either by me taking them or if they book them into the vets and tell the vet nurse that I will sort it for them.  You can only help peeps so much and that never seems enough, even if it's just a case of them phoning you when the kittens are 6 months and you do the rest.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 22:06:36 PM »
Do you think these peeps could be put off by the cost of spaying

Cost need not be a consideration nowadays as Cats Protection vouchers are available to anyone, although obviously it is preferred that if people can afford it they pay themselves.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 21:19:25 PM »
Do you think these peeps could be put off by the cost of spaying and think it's easier to let you foot the bill by homing their kittens for them! I like the idea of a donation from peeps who dump litters on you because they couldn't be bothered to have the mum 'done'. But as Ela said, they'd probably dump them on a roadside or something instead.

They may not appreciate what you do; but the cats are thankful.  :Luv:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 19:27:59 PM »
Got a couple of piccies of the cats that need rehoming.........they are beautiful  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  As said earlier, one's a grey, very much like Smokie in colour, the other is a grey tabby but looks to have tortie in her so I'd say she was a dilute tortie  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  I can't see there being any problems rehoming them........I have a soft spot for the greys and just wish I wasn't getting more in  :shify:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 19:05:26 PM »
Good grief - some people really are slow on the uptake aren't they!  And have a cheek expecting you to pick up the pieces.

Some peeps need it drumming into their head with a sledge hammer and even then, you can't guarantee it will get through to them  :um:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 18:18:42 PM »
Good grief - some people really are slow on the uptake aren't they!  And have a cheek expecting you to pick up the pieces.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 17:36:43 PM »
really don't understand why these people don't see the pattern emerging ....... female kitty is not spayed, female kitty goes out and gets pregnant ...... lots more kittens to have to home

They don’t care as there is always someone to pick up the pieces.

Asking for a donation is a good plan, i don’t know where people think the money comes from!

In reality people many say they will give you something some even say they will pay for the keep while the cats are in care. I think only once in 16 years has the promise materialised. With us the bottom line is if we don't do something the only thing to suffer is the cats, so although it is infuriating that it costs us we cannot let the cats suffer when another someones so called good home turns out no to be so good. If any of the fosterers need to they can claim mileage, none do at the moment. Of course Donna has our van so obviously we pay for the diesel in that. Although she does use her own car a lot as well.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 17:11:30 PM »
Asking for a donation is a good plan, i dont know where people think the money comes from!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 21:25:50 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 16:38:30 PM »
The lady that phoned earlier about her two cats, I have told her I want a donation.  I can't afford to be paying out for other peoples  :censored: ups all the time.  I have a £500 vet bill at the moment but all my money seems to be going on fuel to sort out everyone else's problems and my bill is still outstanding.  People don't realise how much money it costs and I have all the cats I have here to pay out for as well......I'm going to start laying the law down, if they want my help, they at least cover my fuel costs and maybe then, they would appreciate me abit more  :evillaugh:

Anyway, I'm off to get some piccies of the 2 for rehoming, so I will post them later.........one's a grey  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv: and I think the other is a tabby  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:

MBll

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 16:33:21 PM »
Start making folk pay & them theyll bloody listen,    theyll soon realise a few times after paying out to otheres what they  should be doing

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 16:17:24 PM »
I did lay it on with a trowel this morning with her.....she is nice enough but the realisation of what she's doing, just doesn't seem to sink in  :oh noo:  If in the future, she decides to go out and get another cat, I will make her sort it herself......these people forget, it's my fuel and time that I'm wasting here because they don't listen.

The guy with the dog for instance that I took in yesterday........I get the phone call to take her back to the vets last night, I had to put fuel in my car to take her and not even a thank you  :censored:  I phoned the vets this morning about picking her up and the guy was already there, didn't think to tell me that he'd sorted transport out but the dog had to be restitched again anyway so she couldn't go home til this afternoon..........people really do take the  :censored: and my patience is wearing very thin at the moment  :mad2:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 15:28:43 PM »
I really don't understand why these people don't see the pattern emerging ....... female kitty is not spayed, female kitty goes out and gets pregnant ...... lots more kittens to have to home  :Crazy:

The mind boggles, especially as you offered to get them sorted in the first place Dawn.

Defo second the thought that you deserve a drink or three later  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 15:25:40 PM »
Hippy, the kittens are to be homed via Dawn so the lady isnt making money out of them.
She just sounds completely naive of what it takes for Dawn to sort them all out.

Dawn, you need a couple of these  :beer: :beer:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 14:38:17 PM »
Sounds like she thinks she's doing you a favour Dawn.....i think its time to lay it on her thickly.....as that's the only language she seems to understand  >:(

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 14:32:11 PM »
Do you think this woman may be deliberately letting her females breed, to sell the kittens; rather than merely being negligent? Seems odd that she didn't learn her lesson the first time. Some people! :innocent: >:(
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
I am banging my head against a brick wall
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 13:29:31 PM »
Some of you may remember last year a lady whom I offered to sort her kittens out for neutering when they were old enough and typically she didn't get in touch until it was too late.  Her female ended up pregnant and she told me a few days before they were due to drop.  She then phoned me at 4 in the morning as she was giving birth and one was stuck  :censored:  Anyway to cut a long story story, as soon as possible, I had them booked in and spayed and neutered.  She then acquired a kitten  :censored:  Apparently someone dumped it on her or she took it off some kids, can't remember properly now.  I gave her the same scenario, don't let it out until it's been neutered and to get in touch when he was 6 months old and I'd get him sorted.  I've seen her this morning and lo and behold the kitten was a little girl, not a boy as she told me and she's due to drop any day  :brick:  :brick:  :brick:  :brick:

She's had people already asking for kittens but sensibly and unbelievably she's told them they would be coming to me and then rehomed and not via her.  The mum cat will then be spayed and hopefully the woman won't get any more.  I've told her not to let the mum out now until she has been done.........whether she listens or not is a different story  :sneaky:

On top of that I've had another phone call off a lady who's moving in a month, and wants her cats rehoming.  Both females, 18 months old and again not spayed. 

I WISH PEOPLE WOULD GET THEIR  :censored: ANIMALS DONE AND THEN WE WON'T BE LEFT TO PICK UP THE PIECES!!

Link to CatChat