Author Topic: Injured cat  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Injured cat
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 19:01:23 PM »
Good response today, chatted to 2 other people who had seen him and tried to catch and 2 phone calls   ;D

Iv clocked some of his route, part of it is through a fence the far side of the flats a few doors up so hes closer than i thought. Watch out Tom mummys comming   :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I was worried he had gone to the bridge as no sightings for a week so im relieved  :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 15:46:16 PM »
Iv got the trap, nice and sturdy for the beast  :evillaugh:
Noone yet knows of him so im going to make flyers with his details and my number on so if he gets spotted i can hopefully know where to start looking.

Thanks Dawn, its gone up   :)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »
Good Luck with catching this furbabe.......hopefully 3 traps should be easier x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 00:10:22 AM »
When you get him, take him to the vets and explain he's a stray, the vets will need to phone the RSPCA for a log number.......I'm pretty sure it's £60 they will pay towards a stray's treatment.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 17:48:27 PM »
Any tips on getting some money out of the rspca when i get him? If its broken as i suspect theres going to be a meteor size hole in my pocket!!  :o  :oh noo: :o

He wont go into their care but i believe they give £50 towards a strays treatment?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 20:35:52 PM »
Thanks Dawn  :)

I used pilchards for my old neighbours ferals, they couldnt resist  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 20:05:57 PM »
Awww bless him but at least you're on his case now, so hopefully won't be long before he gets the help he needs  :hug:  I heard of cat being run over whilst in a trap so I never leave mine unattended anyway  :'(  :'(  Food wise, I'd try the sardines in tomato sauce, Tuna or cooked warm chicken.......all are pretty tempting for a hungry stray  ;)  When you place them, try and put them out of sight but in line of where he usually goes.  I'll keep my fingers crossed you'll catch him quick, xxx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 20:00:57 PM »
It might be worth trying to obtain 2/3 traps so you've got a better chance of capture.

Thats a good idea.
I deffo wont leave them unattended, iv seen a cat that had been left overnight, he had cut his face to pieces and the trap looked like a massacre had taken place  >:(

I hope he is a regular somewhere and not an elusive beast, the thought of a week like that is really bothering me  :'(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 21:21:13 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 19:56:03 PM »
It might be worth trying to obtain 2/3 traps so you've got a better chance of capture.  You will need to find out where he feeds first, this will be the best place to put them.  If the neighbours agree to you putting a trap out for him, get them or yourself to check it regularly........don't leave it out overnight.  I hope you manage to catch him, good luck, xxx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Injured cat
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 19:47:48 PM »
I just spotted one of my suspected strays and his front leg looks in a state, half way down it bends out to the front almost like a right angle. Over a week ago my dad said he saw a b+w cat limping up someones drive, im now thinking its the same cat and he's been like this since then  :Crazy: :(

Hes disappeared now and my trap isnt suitable for a beast like him.
Ideas for the most prompt capture please, i dont see him regularly so want to catch him ASAP  :(

I can get a good trap tomorrow and start on the neighbours to see if any of them feed or see him regularly as at the moment i dont know where would be best to put the trap.
Im sure i shall find lots of cats i didnt know existed!

Poor poppit, i can let him off weeing up my backdoor now.

Link to CatChat