Author Topic: Different Breeds  (Read 7248 times)

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
Re: Different Breeds
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 21:36:43 PM »
Oh, Mosi's gorgeous!  :Luv:

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 21:34:21 PM »
I love moggies, I grew up with lots of farm cats around and I've known so many special moggies... Like Amanda, a cat we had when I was just a few years old (before she moved to the neighbour!), she lived out in the barn with her kittens, but when she wanted to go out mouse hunting, she'd bring them over to the front door, one by one in her mouth, wait until I came to the door and leave them for me to look after.  :Luv: And Vitnos, who had kittens at the same time as my youngest sister was born, and used to think that Jenny was one of her little ones. Whenever Jenny was crying, she'd come running to comfort her.  :Luv: (My sister's first word was actually "cat"!) And there's been countless others over the years.

When it comes to pedigrees, 2 breeds stand out for me: Norwegian Forest Cats and Siamese. I love the size of the NFC, a big, fluffy cat but with a sweet, gentle, laid-back personality - my Poppy is honestly the sweetest cat I have ever known. The NFC is often quite talkative, and communicates with sweet chirruping sounds.  :Luv:

What I love about the Siamese is quite different, I suppose - I absolutely love their demanding high-maintenance personalities, their attention-seeking behaviour, the vanity... and the extreme intelligence. And their vocal ability is 2nd to none!

(Hm, maybe I'm a bit schizofrenic...  :Crazy: )

I have 2 cats at the moment - a pedigree NFC and a moggie who's 50 % Siamese (but acts like he's 100%!) - I've got it all.  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 21:29:04 PM »
He's 17 months old, Sarah

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 21:23:58 PM »
He's a beauty  :Luv:

How old is he?

xx

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 21:12:34 PM »
Susanne, Mosi is a Somali?

Yes - he's a red Somali  :Luv:

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 21:00:01 PM »
Susanne, Mosi is a Somali?

I could look at pictures of cats all day, they Somali ones are fab  :Luv:

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 20:57:05 PM »

I suppose the big cuddle monsters such as lenny and bilbo take my eye a lot..ive always prefered the larger of any species so normally males aswell.
I adore big cuddly cats, Toms getting there..  :rofl:
Why males Lynn? Because they are always bigger or any other reason?

How big is Cody, you can never tell very well from pictures.

Edited to fix quote :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 20:58:11 PM by Sarah (seldom_use) »

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 20:51:35 PM »
i love moggies

but if we were talking about pedigrees then my fav is bengals  :Luv: :Luv: :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :drool; :catlove: :catluv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 20:46:53 PM »
I love maine coons too, esp after seeing a couple of massive ones at a recent cat show.  Norweigian forest cats too.  There are so many stunning breeds out there but my favourite are somalis.  I love them so much I got one  ;D  They're beautiful and I love their temperament.

http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=3310.0

edited to add - Lynn, I used to be the same in preferring short haired cats but when I got Jaffa and Magpie, Magpie just happened to be longhaired! (well, semi long haired).  One of the reasons I went for a semi longhaired breed rather than a short haired breed with Mosi was as a tribute to Magpie.  I do prefer the hair to be towards the shorter end of long haired and be quite soft and silky so that it doesn't obscure the liine of the cat too much.  Somali hair is soft and silky - like rabbit fur - and it's lovely to cuddle up to in bed  ;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 20:50:36 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 20:46:09 PM »
I forgot to put why I like them! The Maus it's because really they're the origin of cats which I find fascinating, the Savannahs because they've got traces of wild cat which is extremely cool and the Siberians because they not only are they lovely to look at, they also cause the least allergic reactions in people with mild allergies. (I have a lot of friends that are allergic to my cats and can't stay for more than an hour because they're eyes puff up and start running!)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 20:45:06 PM »
thats a good thread sarah  ;D

Well....I never wanted a pedigree but always said for many years if i were to have one it would be an oriental spotted, I do really like the oriental face.

However before i got cody it was a Cornish rex i was looking for (like hens teeth) and stumbled upon the Laperm and i'm pretty well hooked and since glad i didnt get my cornish, as much as i still like the look i have heard their personalitys can be abit faltering with some being more timid and also a fair few litter tray adversions.  I now adore the laperm features very much and since somali's arent a million miles away i cant help but like them too...The curls defo won me over big time though :Luv: :Luv:

Longer haired cats although i think many look lovely i'd never think of having myself really..i am pretty much a short hair fan (may be exceptions in the future  ;) i dont know yet  :evillaugh: )

I suppose the big cuddle monsters such as lenny and bilbo take my eye a lot..ive always prefered the larger of any species so normally males aswell.

Some breeds just dont suit some colours though..the solid black or chocolate permies dont do anything for me at all and when i think of a NFC i immediately think of bilbo's colour/markings rather than any other just because thats what i seen in a book i guess many years ago.  (I gotta say bilbos sister and poppy from here are lovely though)

I am also hoplessley in love with "chuie" who is lindas breeders serval..so not really a domestic cat as such but i in love all the same  :Luv:

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 20:44:16 PM »
The Egyptian Mau is Gorgeous JS!

That one in the picture has amazing markings  :Luv:

I love my wee moggies too mind you  :)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 20:42:22 PM »
I like Egyptian Maus, Savannahs and Siberians. (Although, I also love moggies. No two are the same! :Luv:)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 20:43:04 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Super Cat
Different Breeds
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 20:19:46 PM »
I absolutely love Maine Coons, one day I hope to get one.. Or two or three  :rofl: Not for a couple of years though, when I have a nice big house.

I just love big cats and their coats and tails are just beautiful.

Was wondering what other peoples fave breeds are and why, I'm being open minded to see if there are any other breed I'd consider getting. I had a thing about Somalis as well at one point, but Maine Coons are still my favourites  :)

[img width= height=]http://www.mainecoon.plus.com/pets/pix/gergia.gif[/img]

Link to CatChat