Author Topic: DAISY'S THIRD EYE  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: DAISY'S THIRD EYE
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 21:25:01 PM »
Catz - that is a really good price for an out of hours consulatation - mine charge £70.50!!!

That's what I was going to say.  Out of hours consultation charge is usually around £70+.  I'm lucky in that my vet provides emergency cover (not sure whether that's just for my practice or whether they provide cover for other practices in the neighbourhood too) so apart from the additional cost I dont' have to worry about extra travel, poorer quality care etc.

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 17:08:18 PM »
ouch that is a lot. Mind it was a few years ago so the prices might have changed.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 17:00:19 PM »
My towns vets now charge £100 to see you!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 07:56:16 AM »
Catz - that is a really good price for an out of hours consulatation - mine charge £70.50!!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:09:55 AM »
What makes it worse is my vet is shut until Tuesday  :censored: Bank holidays (do they think cats/dogs etc don't get bloody ill because its bank holiday) mine usually wait until then  :evillaugh:

The last time I had to take my dog Max to the vets on a bank holiday weekend was when he pulled a muscle in his hind leg. They charged me double the consoltation fee.Instead of of just £15 it was about £30 then the the painkilling jab on top. I was so not happy about that.

He's getting old now and he has these little aches and pains nearly all the time now.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:42:02 AM »
If this happens again, the best way to test whether it's just sleepiness is to get your cat to look up. Dangle a piece of string, or something they like playing with, just above their head. When your cat looks up playfully, the third eye will disappear - unless it's the result of illness.

Just an old trick I've learned.  :innocent:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 21:51:34 PM »
Thanks Ruth, after a very long sleep the third eye has gone ....phew!!! I hadnt seen it on her before thats why I was concerned, at least I know now she does it when she is tired...

I know my vets need a break  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: but the thought of having to take ANY of mine to the useless out of hours vets (which isnt mine) scares me

Thanks  :hug:

xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 17:10:45 PM »
One of my cats shows when he is tired so hopefully nothing to worry about :)

Dont know bout the temp so wont comment on that!

If still eating/drinking dosent sound like anything too drastic........frustrating when vets are on hols but even they need a break sometimes....just remember there is alway an emergency vet available if you have major probs x

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
DAISY'S THIRD EYE
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 17:04:20 PM »
Probably just paranoid......... Daisy has been quieter than normal today BUT she has eaten, have seen her drinking and her temperature is 100.2. Her third eye is over half way. She was running around with Elle and Thomas earlier about midday. not for a long time though

What makes it worse is my vet is shut until Tuesday  :censored: Bank holidays (do they think cats/dogs etc don't get bloody ill because its bank holiday) mine usually wait until then  :evillaugh:

I have never noticed it before but could it be because she is tired..........I'm supposed to be going to a friends for dinner tonight but if she is still the same I wont be going. (I don't need much of an excuse not to leave my babies) its only Chilli thats being cooked and she is a real good friend so she wont mind if I dont  :hug:

Help!!!

xx 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 17:08:53 PM by smudgepickles »

Link to CatChat