Author Topic: Sticky up tails  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Sticky up tails
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 07:14:09 AM »
Yes that's the one, Susanne, thanks.
Sam tends to do the 'straight up in the air' one; whereas Polly tends to hold hers horizontally. Sam's much more confident than Poll.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 23:17:50 PM »
I wouldn't know how to read my Shanti's tail!  She wags it constantly when she's being petted, purring away, giving head rubs and the like, but wag goes her tail!!  Wierd cat!  :Crazy:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 22:55:08 PM »
I vaguely remember someone posting piccies - diagram types - of the different meanings in the way a cat holds its tale. This may have been on CatChat. Does anyone else remember it, or have it?

Do you mean this diagram, hippykitty?

Mosi doesn't hold his tail up as often - it does shoot up if you approach him but he doesn't wander around with it vertical like Jaffa does.  Neither did Magpie.  Both have/had fluffy tails - maybe a fluffy tail takes more effort to hold up  ;D 

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 22:40:50 PM »
Sometimes I wonder how Toby doesn't get tail ache!  :rofl: As soon as he sees me or mum, whoosh, up goes the tail right to vertical.  :wow:

Madam Pearl has a different tack, hers goes up vertically but she waves and curls the end, particularly when she's being all lovey dovey.  :Luv:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 19:51:35 PM »
I vaguely remember someone posting piccies - diagram types - of the different meanings in the way a cat holds its tale. This may have been on CatChat. Does anyone else remember it, or have it?
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 09:54:26 AM »
Isnt it just the best thing they do.................. All mine (that are allowed out) have to show their faces before I go out or go to bed. My calling is simply a loud "boysssssss" and they all come a running from different directions with tails in the air and all try to give leg hugs at the same time (please dont mention to the girls though)  :rofl:

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 09:52:28 AM »
It's great when they do that!  My Sabu is not the msot affectionate of cats, although he greets me with great exuberance with big head butts, but he is always trotting around with his tail sticking right up in the air!  It's great to know he's happy  ;D  My friend's cat Tigs does the same, tail is always up, but you can't blame him really - he has the most magnificent squirrel tail!  It's quite funny when you're indoors and Tigs is wandering about, as sometimes all you can see is the top of his tail moving between the furniture, just like a periscope!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 08:27:45 AM »
Jaffa walks around with his tail in the air all the time (except for when Mosi's about to pounce on him!) - he's a happy lad!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:09:55 AM »
I love it when Tiger does that, esp seeing as she isn't the friendliest of cats, it is one of her only signs that she does love me and is happy here (the only time she willingly touches me is when she is hungry!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Sticky up tails
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 00:16:32 AM »
It always amuses me when their tail goes up as they come near. I was sitting having a glass of wine by the back door and kylie was at the other end of the garden. She waddled up the path to say hello and as usual, when she got half way, the tail went up. It never fails to tickle me  :Luv:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat