Author Topic: Worried about a cat  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Worried about a cat
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 22:44:41 PM »
It runs through my front garden, through the vets front garden and down an alley next to an empty property.

I would place the trap with food in near the empty property if this is her normal route.  Just leave the trap in place with food and keep checking.  If she does go inside, cover the trap over completely with a blanket, this will minimise stress.  Good luck hun, xxx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 22:09:38 PM »
I'm terrified of it running in the road  :scared:

It has one blue eye and one brown  :Luv:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 22:06:54 PM »
good luck catching it Mark, its nice to know there are people like you around that care

xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 21:54:21 PM »
I will try Dawn but I'm scared of her bolting into the road. Luckily there is a vet next door so if I can catch her, it won't take a minute to check. Good idea re trap - I will ask Sharon on Saturday if she has one I can borrow.

Thanks  ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 21:55:09 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 21:02:01 PM »
Hi Mark, it may be worth seeing if you can loan a trap from somewhere and seeing if you can catch her.  At least then, you can get her to the vets to see if she is microchipped.  If there is no microchip, it may be worth putting a paper collar on her and asking the owner to contact you. They may not be aware that she is venturing on the High Street or she may even be lost.  Good luck, I hope you find her owner and she keeps safe, xxx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Worried about a cat
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 20:57:34 PM »
A few weeks ago, I posted about a dismembered pigeon in my alley. For the last couple of weeks, when I go out the front, there is a lovely cat outside my alley gate. She is wearing a collar and doesn't look starved although the colar is tatty. I guess it must have been her that ate the pigeon. Anyway, when I go out, the cat runs away (I live on a busy high street). It runs through my front garden, through the vets front garden and down an alley next to an empty property. There is a room at the back of the alley with a door but as its derelict, there are ways to get out the back. I went to close the door after the cat to stop it coming through again but it ran out the door and further up the road. I don't know what to do as I can see an RTA waiting to happen - If I corner it, it could run into the road. No doubt it belongs to someone that lets their cat roam so I just don't know what to do.

Link to CatChat