Author Topic: Yahoo answers is dangerous  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Yahoo answers is dangerous
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 06:47:15 AM »
The ans on yahoo even some of the questions  just stupid wind ups lookig for reaction any idiot can post on thier

I  am sure you are right, but it is necessary to respond just in case it is genuine, at least someone may learn something if a sensible answer is given.

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 21:15:25 PM »
Yes but if the asker is a stupid as most of the people that answer, god knows what might happen.

Rub their nose in it & kick them out?  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

I just saw another question about spraying. The question is closed so I can't add anything. Luckily there are some sensible answers but there were 2 really stupid ones

A) That is the grossest smell ever. Time to take the cat to the shelter.  >:(
A) the sad thing is i don't think you can stop her. your poor house will eventually reek of cat pee and that is just awful. i think it may be time to ?  >:(  >:(
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 21:35:51 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

j20

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 20:15:52 PM »
Do i take it to the vet Hello  :Crazy:    The ans on yahoo even some of the questions  just stupid wind ups lookig for reaction any idiot can post on thier

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 18:21:55 PM »
Mark your right about Yahoo answers.

Here was one question and someone's advice...

Q -I have 3 cats, 2 siamese 1 devonshire rex they keep weeing in the house and i don;t no how to stop them?

A- Rub their noses in it then throw them out. They will soon learn
A-There is a product called Feliway that the cats don't like and it's supposed to stop them spraying etc (almost right  :rofl:)
A-Kill them

Thank god there are also some good answers  :-:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 20:38:08 PM by Tan »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 12:15:51 PM »
Well the answer below was chosen as "Best Answer - Chosen By Voters - lets hope the advice was follwed and pronto  :Luv:

Yes - take him to the vet asap.
It's probably cystitis and the poor thing has crystals in the bladder making it very painful and almost impossible to pee

It can die if not treated soon immediately as the bladder is blocked

I hope you have already taken him....

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 10:54:07 AM »
Mark, you would think common sense would tell them it was dangerous, but sadly not everyone thinks like that. I do hope they have got them to the vet quickly enough, my vet had to pts a 12/14 month old last year cos the owner had left it a day too late.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Yahoo answers is dangerous
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 11:37:16 AM »
Someone asked a question on there 3 days ago. "My cat can't pee" saying the cat has been trying for 24 hours but can't pee. Any ideas or is vet the only option?
Surely common sense should tell them how dangerous the situation is.

How stupid can people get - it's beyond me. Luckily this time there was some good advice on there. Let's hope they got poor kitty to the vet.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhRoBoKGTOWP5KuiOnV31.5JBgx.?qid=20070330081719AAFCLJs

Link to CatChat