Author Topic: Iams, Gourmet Pearl and Go-Cat  (Read 3968 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Iams, Gourmet Pearl and Go-Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 18:44:22 PM »
tescos had the 950g boxes of go cat comlete from £1.90 (or there abouts) to 90 somthing pence . i got a couple of boxes today as the older boys eat that..normally a 2kg bag is £3 something !!

ccmacey

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 16:33:02 PM »
I do rotate there food, I have 4 cats and they never get the same flavour more than once a day, I also alternate between gravy and jelly, my OH thinks im bonkers, but you wouldnt want to eat the same all day would you. And I never buy the same box of pouches, except for gourmet as they like this the most.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 16:18:52 PM »
Yes, I agree - variety is the spice of a cat's life!

I rotate the flavours too, I arrange them in the box so that the next flavour is always different and I alternate between a box of Beef, Chick, Salmon and Rabbit and then a box of Lamb, Turkey, Tuna and Duck.  I've also started giving Tiggy Nature's menu for every other meal as she is quite keen on that too.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 16:08:43 PM »
Hmm Helen yes, Blip is a fish pud - she likes tuna best of all - but although she doesn't normally like salmon, she's rather keen on the Ocean Delicacies version of it. I like the little shrimps (vicariously, I hasten to add :))

CC, if your puds are anything like Blip, you might find it better not to serve the same flavour twice in a row. I get round this by buying three different Gourmet Pearl selection boxes and operating a rotation system  ;D. I also drop in Almo Nature Tuna plus Tuna with Cheese - yours will probably have different preferences (Blip won't eat chicken in any form) but the principle should work for you?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 15:48:17 PM »
When I first started buying Gourmet Pearl my cat's loved them, now they are not so keen. They arnt even keen on thet Felix as good as it looks. They wont eat out of cans what can I do?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 14:37:59 PM »
I seem to remember we had a similar conversation before, Helen, last time Gourmet Pearl was on promotion at Waitrose  :rofl: Has Tiggy tried the new Ocean Delicacies flavours?  Blip loves them  :wow:

Yes we did!  I used to get them from Jollyes but their offer stopped, then you posted about Waitrose but I saw them in PAH on offer (3 for 2) which lasted for months so have been getting them from PAH, this time I will get to Waitrose!

Haven't tried the new Ocean Delicacies, Tiggy is not overly keen on the Salmon or Tuna variety.  She does eat them but prefers the meaty ones Beef, Rabbit and Lamb are her favourites!  I think I will get her a box and see if she likes them, if not I can always put them in the donation bin next time I go to Jollyes.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 14:29:53 PM »
I seem to remember we had a similar conversation before, Helen, last time Gourmet Pearl was on promotion at Waitrose  :rofl: Has Tiggy tried the new Ocean Delicacies flavours?  Blip loves them  :wow:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 14:19:55 PM »
That's a really good price for Gourmet Pearl, my stocks are running low and I think the offers at PAH ended in December so off to Waitrose I go!

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Iams, Gourmet Pearl and Go-Cat
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 14:17:41 PM »
Well, these are all on promotion at Waitrose at the following prices:

Iams Chicken & Ocean Fish: £9.99 for a 3kg bag
Gourmet Pearl: £6.58 for 24 pouches
Go-Cat adult: £1.46 for a 950g bag

Link to CatChat