Author Topic: Calcifer's story R.I.P  (Read 6412 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Calcifer's story R.I.P
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 23:25:41 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 21:37:27 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: It is still very raw, I promise you, it will get easier over time. You never forget, you wouldn't want to. I still miss all my cats but especially Trouble with fierce pangs. Some cats are just more special than others. Obviously they are all special. :Luv2: They all have their little ways, but some just worm their way into your heart just a little more.

I have to cut back Trouble's rose tomorrow. It will end in tears.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 05:43:02 AM »
It's the loneliest feeling in the world.    :hug:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 20:19:04 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Eyes Half Closed

• Adult Cat
  • House cats
    • cata_of_the_clan
  • Slave to: Lux, Gizmo & Loki
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 16:08:39 PM »
Today Calcifer would of been 3 years old, it's been a difficult day for me, not being able to spoil him rotten for his birthday, or creat his side by side comparison photo from when he was a kitten. I don't wish this feeling on anyone, losing your best friend is the worst feeling I've felt so far in my life and I still miss him the more time goes on.

Happy birthday my little man, I hope you get all the tuna you could ever want over the rainbow bridge today, missing you always <3
White & Black - Lux (♂13/5/16)
Ginger & White - Gizmo (♂28/4/17)
Black - Loki (♂11/12/17)
Over the bridge
🌈 Calcifer  (14/3/2015) - (11/11/2017)
www.instagram.com/cats_of_the_clan/

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 06:52:23 AM »
Paula's right.  You measure the joy you gave each other rather than number the days.  It will hurt for a long time.  It's always hard but even more so when that bond has been so special.   :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 01:51:12 AM »
He may have had a short life, but he had love and joy in abundance. :care: :care: :care: :blow kiss:

Offline Eyes Half Closed

• Adult Cat
  • House cats
    • cata_of_the_clan
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 23:05:17 PM »
Thank you all for your kind words, I don't know how it'll get any easier I miss him more each day, Lux and Gizmo have each other and I had calcifer, now he's gone there is a huge part of my life missing, I love both my boys, but calcifer had a very special place in my heart, I think every day that I chose the wrong thing, I just wish I could of helped him, I wish he had a long life filled with much more love and joy  :'( :'(
Black - Loki (♂11/12/17)
Over the bridge

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 13:21:58 PM »
I am so very sorry for your loss. It is very painful to lose a loved friend and I think we always question ourselves and beat ourselves up about what we did and did not do and there are always the what if's and the whys. Any decision made from love is the right one and you should never regret it. Let it rest easy on your heart and know you did what your heart knew was best.
Run free at the bridge Calcifer x
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 00:50:41 AM »
So sorry for your devastating loss, Sue is right, there is nothing more you could have done, and heartbreaking though it was, it was the right thing you did for your most beautiful Baby Boy.

Please don't beat yourself up for making the right decision for Calcifer.

Play hard on The Bridge Calcifer. :Luv:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 21:05:54 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug:

RIP Calcifer  :( :(
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 18:12:03 PM »
Oh sweetheart.  I'm so sorry to learn of Calcifer's illness, and you subsequently having to make such a devastating decision.   :care:

I know how very much your beautiful babies mean to you.

Can I just add, that from what we know of you, I don't believe there is anything you couldn't - or wouldn't have done for Calcifer.  You loved him from whisker-tip to tail-tip, with everything you had to give.  A cat couldnt ask for more. 

There's no way you can be sure of what caused this problem - some cats are predisposed to it, and male cats tend to be more susceptible than females.  Trying to second-guess what was going on is pointless and unnecessarily painful, though perfectly understandable.   :hug:  Please try not to judge the decision you made, or the care that you gave Calcifer in his lifetime. 

Bless you Calcifer.  You were as loved as any cat could ever wish for, and you shared your life generously and joyously.   Your Mum is grieving for you terribly, but in time, she'll begin to talk about you with a sparkle in her eyes and a heart no less full of love for you than when she could hold you, and see you.  Until then, keep pace with her heartbeats, beautiful boy. 

Offline Eyes Half Closed

• Adult Cat
  • House cats
    • cata_of_the_clan
Calcifer's story R.I.P
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 15:42:55 PM »
  We fist noticed a problem with Calcifer not being able to wee or weeing very little, the first time he was taken to the vets, he was checked over and his wee was going to be examined for crystals (which didn't happen as the vet was too busy in my eye this could of saved his life). About 5-6 days later Calcifer's bladder had fully blocked, which turned out to be caused by feline Crystals, within a few days the bladder would of ruptured, we took him to the vets, which they unblocked his bladder for £500, he was put on antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs for about a week, we got special cat food for him to help reduce the crystals. (feline crystal can be caused by anything, him being indoor cat, that he was neutered, that he was slightly overweight, that he lived in a multi cat household, anything really contributing to him being stressed. basically it's like bladder stones which get trapped in the urethra, its an on going problem that he would of had for his entire life). Unfortunately none of this helped, he was only on the crystal reducing food for about two weeks (which could of been three if we had know sooner of what to do) he got blocked again, we took him to the vet again and on 11-11-2017 we had to put my fur baby to sleep, he was only two years old, as nothing was helping the vet advised us that it would be kinder to put him to sleep than to continue to let him suffer as i said before this would of been an life time problem which he would constantly be back an forth from the vets. All I can say is that I'm just completely devastated, I loved him so much he was literally my baby, It still hurts now after two months, I feel as though its our fault, that we didn't do enough for him, that I let him down, he literally had everything a cat could want, but it still wasnt enough.

thank you for taking to read this, im just so lost without him.
Black - Loki (♂11/12/17)
Over the bridge

Link to CatChat