Author Topic: Blind kitten with mysterious illness  (Read 480 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Blind kitten with mysterious illness
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 20:07:09 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv:
Quote from: pandorawarlord link=topic=489⁶23.msg910048#msg910048 date=1704907613
its unfortunate that those with knowledge have disappeared into social media forgetting some have problems that cannot join them, hi Sam and those who know me, I would like to help this lady Zoeb23 after having blind sick cat, will give her my contact details via email, but please would you all consider being on the forum  with your knowledge rather than hidden away to those who cannot join you
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 17:26:53 PM »
its unfortunate that those with knowledge have disappeared into social media forgetting some have problems that cannot join them, hi Sam and those who know me, I would like to help this lady Zoeb23 after having blind sick cat, will give her my contact details via email, but please would you all consider being on the forum  with your knowledge rather than hidden away to those who cannot join you

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 13:46:03 PM »
Hi Zoe,

So sorry to hear kitten is unwell .... What's his name?

Unfortunately the forum is not as active these days so you may not get many responses to your post.  I'm sorry I can't offer any advise on any of the other than the sympots sound like FPV to me .... https://www.pdsa.org.uk/pet-help-and-advice/pet-health-hub/conditions/feline-panleukopenia-fpv

I would speak to your vet again  :hug:

Hope your little gets well soon.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Zoeb23

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Felix & Nancy
Blind kitten with mysterious illness
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 09:50:41 AM »
Hi everyone. In December last year my 12 week old kitten went blind seemingly overnight. He was also sleeping a lot and had a fever. We ended up taking him to an opthalmologist who did a few scans and said his retinas are extremely inflamed, and due to his fever the likely cause of the blindness is a virus such as fiv, fip, felv etc. We did a blood test to check for fiv and felv which both came back negative, so the vet prescribed steroids to help with the inflammation (we will be visiting the vet again for a follow up in a few days)

The problem is that it seems my kittens condition isn't really improving. Hes still blind, minimal energy, doesn't play, and recently he's begun losing weight although he still has an appetite. He's also developed loose stools, and uses the litterbox a lot. What's also odd is that after using the litterbox, he crouches on the ground with his head lowered for a while. The only good thing is that his fever has disappeared. Any thoughts on what could be wrong with him? I keep thinking it's FIP but he's been sick for over a month now, surely his symptoms would have gotten worse? :scared:

Link to CatChat