Author Topic: Flea treatment Comfortis or injection?  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Flea treatment Comfortis or injection?
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 20:16:32 PM »
Covenia is the the injectable treatment and we have been using it for the last thirty years on ours as we had a lot of ferals and its so much easier never had any issues with it and totally recommend it
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Flea treatment Comfortis or injection?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 19:12:03 PM »
I've only used the tablets, but when I used them, each tablet was only for 2kg, so the choice was either 2.5 tablets for my 5ish kg cat, or half a dog one, I've not used it on a cat since so don't know if that has improved, he had a reaction to spot ons, so we had to use an alternative, I personally prefer spot ons to the tablets.
Please spay your cat

Offline cathycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Alfie
Flea treatment Comfortis or injection?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 10:06:49 AM »
Hi all.
My cat Alfie has just recovered from a mild dose of cat flu (he is vaccinated). He's well but it has left him with sensitive eyes. I had delayed his Advocate spot on flea treatment this time for 3 weeks while he was recovering. The delay has meant fleas have emerged :sick: so I decided I really needed to give him his Advocate but because his eyes are sensitive he freaked out (the smell of it?) and I don't think any treatment actually made contact with him but I'm not sure.
 I don't want to use it again on him in the future as it really upset him so I'm looking into either Comfortis tablets or the injection that lasts 6 months, I'd love some feedback on either of these if anyone has experience.
Do I need to wait a month before giving him either of these because I'm not sure if any Advocate made contact with him?
Thanks
Bridge cats Ellie,Harvey,Eddie,Charlie,
Miss you all so much. xx

Link to CatChat