Author Topic: Felimazole dosage  (Read 1840 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Felimazole dosage
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 20:33:02 PM »
Archie has 2.5 morning and night.

It has made such a difference to him over the last few weeks. He is beginning to put weight on and his heart rate has gone down. Still a bit of a murmur but vet is hopeful this will go

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Miaowser (RIP baby boy) & Rocky (RIP fella- too short a time with us. The new boss Joey
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2021, 06:52:47 AM »
Thank you for your reply. I have spoken to the vet and was assured that I could give her 1 in the morning and 2 in the evening. All OK at the moment so will carry on. I am using the pill pockets for the medication which she takes well. :thanks:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 19:15:40 PM »
Normally Felizamole would be given twice a day, normally one in the morning and one in the evening, preferably 12 hours apart as that is how long it lasts in the system. If that doesn't work, I'd ask about changing to Vidalta, it works in a slightly different way. Are you giving the tablets whole, as crushing them does affect how well they work, they are coated for slow release.
Please spay your cat

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Miaowser (RIP baby boy) & Rocky (RIP fella- too short a time with us. The new boss Joey
Felimazole dosage
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 08:26:37 AM »
Hi, Susan has been told to increase her hyperthyroidism tablets to 3 a day, and have another blood test in 3 weeks. Vet advised 1 in the morning  and 2 at night. Does anyone else administer the tablets like this? I was not sure whether to space out the tablets  during the day. I have e mailed the vet as well

Link to CatChat