Author Topic: More affectionate than usual  (Read 3522 times)

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
Re: More affectionate than usual
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 22:48:19 PM »
I think it's probably because there's no female cats coming for him, last year we had six or seven different ones visiting the garden all the time. Maybe they've realized he's firing blanks  :shocked: :-[ :rofl: :rofl:.

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 21:37:22 PM »
Mine are more frisky at this time. I think the like the fact it is often nice weather and I leave the top of their door open so they can run in and out the coutyard. They like to see all the bids and butterflies and there are bluebottles to chase. Mine meaow all the time but it is just begging for food as usual!  :Luv:
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 18:39:55 PM »
ALL MY CATS EXCEPT SASA HAVE BEEN MALE AND NOT NOTICED THIS.

IF YOU ARE WORRIED GET HIM CHECKED OUT BY A VET.

BUTTER IS A YOUNG CAT ISNT HE?

THE SIGN OF HYPER T WITH MISA THAT I MISSED WAS HIS CONSTANT MEOWING. IT DOESNT USUALLY AFFECT YOUNG CATS BUT CAN AND ONLY A BLOOD TEST WOULD DISCOVER BUT THE NEXT SIGN IS WEIGHT LOSS WHICH HAPPENS QUITE SLOWLY AND I IGNORED THIS THINKING IT WAS GOOD FOR HIS BACK LEGS.

HE WANTED CONSTANT AFFECTION AND ATTENTION SO THINK BUTTER IS TRING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING IF THIS IS NOT HIS NORMAL SELF.

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
More affectionate than usual
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 15:55:11 PM »
Is it normal for a male cat to be more affectionate at this time of the year, he seems to be meowing more than usual as well. I could understand if he wasn't neutered, but he is! I'm sure he wasn't like this last year, .[r/size]

Link to CatChat