Author Topic: Bellas poorly  (Read 5703 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Bellas poorly
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 13:55:54 PM »
 :rofl:

great news about bella!!

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 13:53:53 PM »
Glad Bella is feeling better now.  Your line about her being pleased she wont need her temperature taking any more made me giggle, reminded me when my cat years ago was very ill with peritonitis and I had to take his temperature  twice a day. We all know where the thermometer goes for that! :evillaugh:  At the weekend my brother came round and stayed for dinner, tho he wasn’t very hungry, didn’t eat a lot, said he didn’t feel very well and had a high temperature :sick:.  I asked him how did he know he had a temperature and he said he used the “thermometer in the bathroom cupboard”…… :evillaugh: :evillaugh:.  His face was a picture – well I just had to tell him didn’t I? :evillaugh:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 10:46:12 AM »
Shes been given a clean bill of health today, vet checked her heart and her murmur is the same so pleased its not got any worst. He did tell me hes only ever seen a few cats with a temp that got that high and that he was worried about her.  He also said I was right to get her seen last Wednesday and not wait till thursday as dh wanted as her temp went up even after injections of antibiotics and anti inflammatory so she could have ended up very ill with organ damage.  Think bella will be pleased that she doesnt need her temp taking anymore

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2013, 16:23:22 PM »
Ah yes, the magic of Dreamies  ;D So glad to hear that Bella is doing well  :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2013, 10:14:44 AM »
I think they must do whenever she hears the packet rustle she sprints into the kitchen and shes been walking so slowly this week. Vet is happy with her this morning and she doesnt need to go back till friday now

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2013, 07:08:48 AM »
Dreamies have healing qualities.   ;)

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2013, 19:56:51 PM »
That's a relief :phew: and another reason not to be too quick to slim her down, those fat reserves will have helped her through this bout of illness.  :hug:

ive already cancelled her next weigh in, she looks liks shes lost so much weight these last few days that shes been sneaked lots of dreamies when dh isnt looking  :naughty:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2013, 19:45:42 PM »
That's a relief :phew: and another reason not to be too quick to slim her down, those fat reserves will have helped her through this bout of illness.  :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2013, 19:26:23 PM »
shes lots better today eating normally and taking her medicine as well as can be expected still sleeping alot but when shes awake shes so much more alert and happy. She even gave dd a kiss today which has pleased dd no end, cant believe a virus could make her so ill she looked so bad on wednesday

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 17:33:19 PM »
Good news from the vet!  :briggin:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 18:48:26 PM »

Sending the very best of vibes for Bella.  And I'm sorry about the lady who was so thoughtless in her remarks to you.  Please dont take them to heart.  You know that we all understand Bella's true worth to you.   :hug: :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2013, 18:11:25 PM »
That's some comfort, Bella seems to be made of strong stuff. Sending Vibes for her continued recovery.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 15:12:02 PM »
Good news from the blood results  :) hoping Bella is over the worst now  :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2013, 11:29:16 AM »
temp was 102 this morning she met me at the living room door purring when i came down and demanding food, shes not eating a lot of her food but will eat dreamies so shes had a few of them. we've got some antibiotic tablets and anti inflammatory medicine to get into her but no vets visit needed tomorrow. really hoping she'd turned the corner now shes lots brighter and it took me three atempts to get her into the cat carrier this morning instead of her just sitting in it. the best news is her bloods for FIP came back negative this morning as the vet was worried it could be that so it does just seem to be a very nasty virus

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 22:31:08 PM »
Sending loads of get well vibes for Bella  :hug: :hug:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 22:14:57 PM »
Her purr is back so hope that means shes starting to feel better. Its been so quiet without her constant purring, shes had a bit of a walk round the house this evening and even sat in the window for a bit. Ive got all my fingers and toes crossed that her temp has dropped when we go back to the vets in the morning

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 19:14:20 PM »
Poor baby! I do hope that she improves soon  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 14:48:59 PM »
poor bella, hope you can get to the bottom of what is wrong soon

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 13:41:13 PM »
Temp of 106 this morning refusing food and still not herself, more injections at the vets.  Have to take her back again tomorrow at least shes insured so we dont have to worry about the cost. I just keep hoping that I'll get up in a morning and she'll be feeling better

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 23:36:45 PM »
Hope she's on the mend now :care:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 21:24:27 PM »
That's good news!  ;D

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 19:07:07 PM »
Bloods are all normal, blood sugar abit low but she'd not eaten properly in over 24 hours so not surprised. Hopefully she'll get over this soon

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 17:40:31 PM »
Bella and her mum  :hug: here's hoping that she is soon back to normal.

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 16:49:16 PM »
Shes home walked straight out the carier and ate all her food, have abandoned her diet till shes better. Blood results should be back either by 6pm or in the morning when we take her back. Vet said hopefully its just a nasty virus worst case leukemia

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 16:24:02 PM »
Sorry to hear Bella is poorly, hopefully with the steroids and antibiotics she will be back to her normal self soon  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 16:05:47 PM »
Of course Bella is part of your family, take no notice - there are some awful people out there  :hug:

Wishing you both well, and hope the antibiotics do the trick  :hug:  :hug:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 14:54:44 PM »
Just spoke to the vets, I can pick her up after 330 shes had some steroids and antibiotics hopefully her blood results should be back at tea time

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 14:28:46 PM »
I hope Bella gets well soon. Sending lots of healing vibes for her.  :Luv2:  :hug:
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 13:04:15 PM »
They had to sedate her to do her bloods so shes still sleepy at the moment. Going to phone back later to see if she's ready to come home

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 11:45:47 AM »
aww poor Bella. Sending healing vibes and hoping she is feeling better very soon xx
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 11:10:05 AM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for Bella and  :hug: :hug: for you.  I'm sure AB's will sort things out for her.

Incidentally, a cat's normal temperature is higher than ours (between 100 and 102.5 compared with 98.6 for humans) so yes Bella's is very high and needs treatment but its not as dramatically high as it sounds when you're used to thinking in human terms.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 10:45:23 AM »
try not to worry too much - these infections can come on so suddenly, but can be overcome very quickly too, once the right treatment is started

I expect the vet has her on antibiotics and a drip, and she is in the best place for now

lots of  :hug: for you all
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
Bellas poorly
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 09:55:38 AM »
Got up yesterday and bella wasnt up demanding food, she didnt get up when I went in the cupboard to get her food and didnt eat any of it she just looked ill. Told dh and said he was going to have to take her to the vets. Trip to vets and she has a really high temp so was given an anti inflammatory injection to bring her temp down. Just came back from the vets she's still really quite and not eaten and this morning has had bloody poo in the carrier on the way to the vets. Had to leave her their as temps even higher 105.9 shes having bloods taken at the moment.  Im really scaredit just feels like barneys last trip to the vets all over again. Then on the way home met one of the mums from dd's school and she asked about bella as she's seen me with the carrier  so I told her and she said I wouldnt be paying that id just buy another cat as you can get them for £20. I couldnt even speak I just walked of you cant just do that bellas part of our family and we all love her so much.
Just feeling so worried

Link to CatChat