Author Topic: Such a lovely post from sunny harbours facebook page  (Read 2196 times)

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
Re: Such a lovely post from sunny harbours facebook page
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 15:08:43 PM »
That is so lovely. Bless them for all they do. Hope we raise lots and lots for them. X

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 12:46:12 PM »
Thats lovely  :Luv:  Great post!

I think a lot of people dont realise how much hard work goes into running a rescue. Paul at Westgate Ark runs his alone with the help of a few volunteers. He is there 7 days a week, 9am til about 7pm. No holidays, not even for Christmas.

Of course it IS rewarding knowing that you are helping the kitties, and I am always suprised at how loving and trusting they (usually!) are  :Luv:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 19:35:48 PM »
I saw this post on Facebook and thought it was so lovely I shared it  :Luv: :Luv:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 15:54:00 PM »
It must be a constant emotional roller coaster. My hat is off to Anyone who can maintain a smile under those circumstances. Good on ya, Sunny Harbour  :hug: :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »
I agree, I read it on facebook last night and have sent it on to a wonderful rescuer who has been having a tough, heartbreaking time recently.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 06:45:22 AM »

Indeed.  :hug:

Food for thought.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Such a lovely post from sunny harbours facebook page
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 00:10:46 AM »
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
1 hr ยท
Bit of a thoughtful post but I was thinking tonight. We are full to bursting with about 40+ charges. Life's throwaways, cast off, abandonments and just purely dumped. We have cats from 3 weeks to 17 years old. Some in pens. Some not. Some poorly or with medical conditions some not.

Some say, rescues are sad places. Full of pain and anguish. Full of sad cats sat in pens unloved, uncared for. Depressed

As I walk around Sunny Harbour tonight all I can hear is content purring. Clattering food bowls as they play. Toys bouncing around pens as they play and wrestle and have fun.

All I see is contentness. All I see is soft, gentle, trusting eyes. Kitties giving me their tummy to rub. Following me around for big 'pick me up cuddles'.

All I see is love, care and happiness.

For they are no longer unloved. No longer abandoned or neglected or simply dumped. They are loved.

They ARE Happy.

Rescue is hard work. It's unrelenting, no holidays and NO PAY. It consumes everything. It breaks your heart every day and mends it every day when you see them happy and loved in New homes free from pain and suffering.

And no matter how much you try. How much you do. It's NEVER enough.

But for now I'll content myself with what we do achieve. For all I hear around me tonight is happiness and no matter what tomorrow brings and how hard we try. We just have to accept it will never ever be enough.

Link to CatChat