Author Topic: Does anyone have a Cat water fountain?  (Read 1961 times)

Catbird

Re: Does anyone have a Cat water fountain?
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 09:27:33 AM »
Well because of the wonderful Cath (Catbird) we now have a drinkwell which she kindly donated and all 3 of mine seem to be loving it. Rufus is seeing it as a toy and flicking the water everywhere as well as drinking it as he is a mad little kitten who sees everything as a game and the other two are fascinated by it too! Thank you so much Cath and hopefully it will show some positive affects!

"Wonderful" is not one of the adjectives most often applied to me  :shify:

I'm really pleased your kitties like it, as Dot couldn't have been less interested if she'd tried, you kindly removed a bit of useless kit from my shed.  I should point out that I made Deb drive round the M25 at rush hour from Surrey to Kent to pick the fountain up.  I hope Layla appreciates the effort.

C.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 23:24:21 PM »
I have one and all my cat use it -FiFi always seems to be at it - Smartie likes the water filter jug especially when you are filling it -he dips his paws in and washes his face !!!!! ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 21:43:06 PM »
I had a Cat-It fountain which was very good (although my lot didn't use it - so I ended up giving it away).

I'm where Sams cat-it ended up - there's some generous people on Purrs! :) :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 21:22:55 PM »
Well because of the wonderful Cath (Catbird) we now have a drinkwell which she kindly donated and all 3 of mine seem to be loving it. Rufus is seeing it as a toy and flicking the water everywhere as well as drinking it as he is a mad little kitten who sees everything as a game and the other two are fascinated by it too! Thank you so much Cath and hopefully it will show some positive affects!

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 17:54:17 PM »
After much examining of my kitties water fascination habits I plumped for the Petmate freshflow.  I know someone else on here had terrible problems with theirs and gave up with it but mine love it.  The drinkwell one does 'pour' water like a tap, whereas the petmate one sends it down a sort of slopey bit, so I'd have a look and see what in particular it is that your cats are fascinated by, and decide on type from there. 

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 11:29:48 AM »
We initially had a catit fountain, but after a few months we gave it away and Jess rarely used it and it was a real flaf to clean.

We brought the Drinkwell Platinum last month and Milo adores it, Jess will investigate it when he feels like it. Its easy to clean as well.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 21:41:59 PM »
I have a cat it and would reccomend you do use the filters ( i dont change as often as they say) because they stop any hair getting to the motor.

MPM products sell them cheaply

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 22:01:59 PM »
We have 4 Catit fountains in various locations in the house and 8 water bowls at the last count and the favourite for washing paws and practicing swimming is our ever tolerant dogs huge water bowl in the lounge!

Some love the fountains and the ferals seem to prefer the bowls of water and some prefer the running tap and we have a couple of toilet drinkers to! :shocked: ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 21:33:55 PM »
I have a Drinkwell water fountain.  I bought it because Harvey had a FLUTD and we thought it was maybe down to him not drinking a lot of water and thought this would help.   But neither of them pay any attention to it or drink from it.  Instead I placed several flat bowls of water scattered around the flat (a suggestion from the vet in case Harvey was too lazy to go to where the water actually was) and they drink from them instead. Water fountain £40........cat bowls 99p each!!! 

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 18:20:22 PM »
You can't beat the drinkwell platinum. It has a "running tap" effect which most cats seem to like. Mine ignored the catit. I have noe bought a drinkwell platinum which holds an extra gallon of water. As for filters, I don't bother with them. As long as it is wash out a couple of times a week, it is fine.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 17:53:01 PM »
I had a Cat-IT fountain which was very good (although my lot didn't use it - so I ended up giving it away).

Once you get recommendations from the others I would do an internet search on something like www.froogle.co.uk .  Also always check ebay.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
Does anyone have a Cat water fountain?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 17:15:22 PM »
What's the best water fountain to get? What about price? Obviously I want one that works well but it would be great to get a good deal. Also, in terms of how often you have to change the filter, which is the best buy? Not sure how many of you use them so would be good to get some feedback before I make a purchase.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 17:44:15 PM by Debsymiller »

Link to CatChat